“Nothing Special Here”

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #54 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here 4 days 10/10-10/14 in room 307 a 2 Bedroom suite with grandchildren. I stay at Marriott hotels 40+ days a year. We were hear for the Balloon Fiesta. I never request late checkout, but because of the small grandchildren and their evening air flight I called the hotel on 3PM the day before leaving. They said they would get back to me but did not. I called at 5:30 PM and was told they do not allow late checkout during the Balloon Fiesta. I said it ends the day I was requesting the checkout and the person said she would contact the chief housekeeper and get back to me within 1.5 hours. When she got back to me she said we could stay to 2 PM. The next day the cleaning person knocked on the door at 11 AM and I told her we had a 2PM checkout. Within 15 minutes I received a call informing me we must leave at 1 PM by order of the Executive Housekeeper. I do not think anyone manages this hotel. It is run by housekeeping and they do not do a very good job. The rug in our suite had very obvious dirt spots when we checked in and they were there when we cheCked outs.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gcnarc
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our flight was delayed, we were exhausted from being in the airport for 12 hours, waiting for news of our plane, and our airline sent us to the Residence Inn after they re-booked us on a flight for the next day. We had a most beautiful room with a very comfortable king size bed,a music machine, nice furniture, a kitchen, beautiful bathroom and sink & vanity area, extremely quiet. There were nice gardens around the inn and a swimming pool, fitness room, etc. This is not the kind of place we can usually afford to stay at, so we felt really spoiled! The worst thing was having to be up early the next morning, instead of more time to enjoy this great place, and of course we had to miss breakfast.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was great, no noise from above, and easy elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

From the clean spacious rooms, numerous ammenties and helpful staff, this has been a fantastic stay. My mother uses a wheelchair to get around and the shower was magic, it made getting her ready so easy. The convenience of a full breakfast in the morning is great not to mention dinner one of the nights we stayed. This place is family and pet friendly but would also be perfect for the quick business trip or weekend getaway. I would recommend this Residence Inn to anybody and would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom suite...with a family this is the way to go.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

During the past year (9/2011-9/2012) I stayed at this hotel while on business 6 times. About 10 minutes drive to KAFB. It is quiet and I really like the complimentary breakfast (waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage or burritos, cereals, pastries, yogurt, fruit etc). There is a manager's reception (I think it is Monday through Thursday) in the evening; not spectacular but it works fine if you are tired or on a budget. The staff is polite and helpful and most importantly the hotel is very clean. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub that was mostly empty during my stays (on weekdays) and a gym that I did not use. There is an Applebee's within walking distance (less than 2 blocks down the road on Yale). I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was a great place to stay. We were on a road trip and needed a place for the night. It had a pool for the kids to play in and a great workout room for mom the next morning. The hotel was nicely furnished and we enjoyed the breakfast. They have the best oatmeal! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room on the end. Very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a very nice RI. The two bedroom/bath suite is perfect for a family. The decor is modern and hip with the kitchen having stainless appliances and granite counters.
The breakfast is very good with a waffle station, and small buffet ( eggs, sausage, potatoes, French toast, etc), cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc.
I have stayed in all the Marriott properties at the airport and this is the one I would recommend the most.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night 7/20/2012 and I was very disappointed. I have stayed at Residence Inns all over the country and have until this facility found them to be very comfortable and clean. I am not sure if this is a franchise but if so Marriott should take their name off this hotel.
Our 2 bedroom room had an ice maker that was not working, AC that did not go below 75 degrees (in the summer on the top floor!), a couch that was so stained and dirty we had to put a sheet on it to sit on it and a table that was broken so we could not use it. I informed the front desk of these issues who said they would get someone to fix everything the next day. That was no help to us since we were flying out the next day.
With all of the hotels near the airport I will stay somewhere else as I know there has to be a hotel better than this one.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family