“Felt like I had gone straight to India when I entered the door.”
Review of Rasoi - CLOSED

Rasoi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Great atmosphere that adds to the wonderful buffet with such a great variety of authentic tastes. Each day is a new tour of flavors and always ended with an absolute delicious dessert (unless you eat your dessert first like me). You will find yourself drawn to the buffet table, even though your getting or already are quite full. A definite must visit for culinary diversity.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

The location, the atmosphere and interior decor of the restaurant are great, but the food was substandard. We ate at the buffet, which had more meat dishes than vegetarian/vegan. The lentils, paneer, and the mystery yellow dumpling dish were all watered down, not very thick. The dishes had little taste or flavor and the beans had a firm texture, like they came from a can. Overall, not a really palatable experience. The naan bread was cold and soft, perhaps baked hours earlier? One of us got sick from eating there, attributed to the mystery yellow dumpling dish.

Nice waitors and staff, nice atmosphere, but substandard food.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I am perplexed with some of the reviews here... I went to the top rated Indian restaurant first after reading reviews here, but I'll rate this above the rest. The food was very Indian, nice setting in college area and the price was excellent, couldn't sake for more. I am going to try other Indian restaurant in this town before I am done, meanwhile this will be on my top list ... Friendly atmosphere and good food at good price is all you can ask.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Just went for lunch today, didn't have great expectations but the food was just... not very good. The buffet obviously had been sitting out for hours, and the meal left me unsatisfied and with a bad feeling in my stomach. The bread was very good, though. If only they would take a course from their neighbours at Annapurna where the food is fresh, tasty and easy to digest? Indian food after all should be a delighful, healthy,uplifting experience! Service is friendly by the way, and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I'd been to Rasoi shortly after they opened some years back and it wasn't very good, but I heard there had been a change in ownership and read some encouraging reviews here (especially the one claiming they have the best dosas outside of southern India) so, being of South Indian descent myself, I headed over to give it a try. Wow. it was even worse than before. Our table tried the lunch buffet, which was sub-par even for Albuquerque Indian food, and also shared a masala dosa (a rice and lentil crepe with a potato filling). It took over an hour to get the dosa, and then it was awful. The batter tasted a bit spoiled, the crepe was stiff and leathery, and the filling was a mess, ---nothing like traditional masala dosa filling which has maybe five ingredients and is amazingly easy to prepare. All the Indian restaurants in NM use the same crappy pre-made North Indian-style spice mixes for their curries, so our expectations were not overly high, but we still left feeling sorely disappointed and a little queasy. India Palace (the one on Montgomery and Wyoming) is nothing to write home about, but it looks like it's still the best Indian we've got in the Burque aside from my Mom's house.

3  Thank nabq