“Fun and Interesting!”

The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
Ranked #6 of 226 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History is the New Mexico’s only congressionally chartered museum in its field and a Smithsonian affiliate. Visitors can explore how nuclear science continues to influence our world. The museum strives to present, through permanent and changing exhibits and displays, the diverse applications of nuclear energy in the past, present and future along with the stories of the field’s pioneers. Originally known as the National Atomic Museum, it was established in 1969 as an intriguing place to learn the story of the Atomic Age, from early research of nuclear development through today’s peaceful uses of nuclear technology.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I teach Chemistry and part of our curriculum deals with the Nuclear history of New Mexico. This museum is well laid out, clean, interesting, and very fun! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

i had a chance to go see this with my little brother and sister who are much younger than myself. they were fascinated. the museum had a grouping of old films from the 1930s and 1940s. it was nice to see how they took it in. i forget that we pass to them a legacy of memories and time. then we had a chance to see many items from the atomic age. and lets not forget the planes. they actually have an enola gay bomber, and a B-52 on site. very neat. would definitely bring family and kids. enjoy

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good museum with extensive displays but layout is not good. Seems chopped up and does not flow that well. For all the space they have outside very few aircraft that are not being displayed to their best advantage. After having been to Los Alamos (which is a must see) I expected more to do with science and technology and not a continuation of the the same theme. For the price it was worth the visit. Periodic tables on the floor when you enter is very well done.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I thought this would be boring but I just went along anyway. What a surprise! It was loaded with information. I was really glad I went. There was a fun interactive area for kids and just tons of information on the development of nuclear power. We really enjoyed it and at 8 bucks it was a bargain. I would not recommend it for very young children, I think they might be easily bored and the interactive area seemed geared for school age kids.

1  Thank iliketotravelalot
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nuclear Science Museum; they even have a few things for young visitors. My husband & I truly enjoyed it.