Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport
Ranked #29 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I found this on Tripadvisor & decided to give it a try when we needed to stay at the airport for an early morning flight. The reviews are right on the mark - this place is a gem. Clean, quiet, with a generous breakfast & an amazingly generous evening snack, personable, accommodating staff, a clean pool, & free wireless. Even free DVDs to borrow. Usually if we travel with a child & stay at a suites hotel, the child has to stay on the pull out sofa. Here, there were 2 double beds in the bedroom, so our child could sleep in the other bed - perfect. My only complaint was that the AC blower was loud -so loud that it woke me when it came on during the night. That said, we reported it to the front desk & they said they would have it fixed. There is a free shuttle to the airport that was exactly on time. No question but that we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2009

This was my first stay at a Staybridge and will not be my last. This one appeared fairly new and had a great friendly staff. I entered wearing motorcyle clothes and wet with sweat from a long ride. The desk person welcomed me and upon checking me in, told me where everything was adding that there was a 5PM chill and grill barbecue free. My room had every amenity and was top of the line. This was a place you could walk in your bare feet! Very clean. I have travelled by motorcycle for a month throughout the USA and this place was the best. I recommend you not only stay here, but you find the best internet price because you won't believe the value as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank WashingtonRider58
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We arrived late in the evening to Albuquerque and didn't want to pick up a car so late and drive to our hotel. So after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose to stay at the Albuquerque Airport Staybridge Suites. We were not disappointed! The 2BR suite was enormous and very clean and comfortable. They have complimentary wireless internet and guest laundry, a pool, putting green, theater room to watch movies in huge recliners, and a delicious complimentary hot breakfast. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They also provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to the rental car companies. We couldn't have been happier with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Albuquerque! Top notch hotel at incredibly affordable prices!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ccmacy
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Cannot peak highly enough about this place. Clean, beautiful decor. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The breakfasts were great too! This Staybridge Suites was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. Cannot say enough good things! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wanderlust1983
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed here for one night while dropping off two boys for a Sea Cadet training. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and they have never steered me wrong...

The room was a perfect size for the 3 of us. Two flat screens and plush, comfy beds made the boys very happy. They had just started the evening snack when we arrived (eggrolls, noodles, salad, fruit and pudding with soft drinks included) and it was great. There is more than enough seating with dining area seating and another area with a leather couch and two leather chairs in front of a big screen tv. Another plus, the media room. The hotel has a selection of movies and at your request they will put the movie on for you to watch in the media room...complete with leather theater style chairs. Great for us to relax to at the end of the day!

The business center is perfect for this hotel with two computers with printers. Great to be able to check in for your flight the next day or catch up on some email. There is also a small putting green and a nice pool to relax by outside. Complimentary use of washers and dryers are a very nice touch!

I disagree that the area the hotel is in is unsafe. I never felt unsafe in the area and it is surrounded by other hotels (Hyatt Place etc). I was taken to the University District (about 5 minutes away) for the grocery store and felt safe there as well. Is it downtown Scottsdale? No, but it is definitely not a seedy area!

As others have said, what sets this place apart is it's staff. They are truly the friendliest, most helpful staff that I have encountered in any hotel that I have ever stayed at. Even after a 16 hour shift by one employee...he was still smiling! They know the many of the guests names and greet them warmly. If they can honor a request, they will and they do it cheerfully.

I have to return to Albuquerque in a little over a week...and I won't be staying anywhere else but here! Max...prepare my room please!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank dsakfongParker_CO
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Our family was in transition of a move from Missouri to Arizona. We were required to stay in Albuquerque for a month while my husband did some training for work. I cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay here. We have two young children (8 and 2). The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The complimentary breakfast buffet is great and they also serve complimentary dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. All delicious food! My only concern was the area that is not too far from the hotel. It's not in the best area of Albuquerque, so I drove quite a ways to get to a decent grocery and department store. I felt completely safe at the hotel, however. We could have moved to a hotel that was much closer to my husband's work, but once we stayed here a day and met the amazing staff, we decided this was the right place for us. I would recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank soccermommy21
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Found this on the Holiday Inn web site, but had never heard of it before. Very nice place (almost new) and the breakfast was the best I have every had at any hotel in any state. We did have trouble finding it after 10:00 pm but the lady at the front desk guided us in and it was well worth it. The area is confusing if you come late at night, so be on your toes.
We liked the two flat screen TVs, along with a complete kitchen. We got a suite, so the beds were in a different room. Very nice.
Not sure if I will ever be in this town again, but I sure will try to stay at a Staybridge wherever I travel.................we were really, really impressed with this place.
I wish we could have stayed for a few days because they offered free laundry and some nights the meals and desserts were free (the list was in the room) and I thought that was special. We did not partake in this though as we were on the road by 8:30 am.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple