“Very Nice”

Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Johnstown
“Very Nice”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our 2 bedroom suite was very nice. The beds were comfortable and our room was clean. The pool was a bit small for the number of guests that were there though. We had our 3 small children and my mom with us. Breakfast was VERY good! The kids all had a great time and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your thoughts about our hotel! It's a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us this past summer. I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our seasonal pool! It is definitely the place to be on hot summer days here in Albuquerque so I apologize if it was a bit crowded. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Liverpool
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights a week apart and it was excellent both nights. The hotel is slightly difficult to locate but they have an excellent shuttle bus which takes you to and from the airport. The rooms are fantastic and so is the breakfast buffet. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. A great hotel exprience. There is one complaint....the heating system is a hot air blower and when it is on the noise is like concorde taking off. I suppose you could get used to this over time and due to this I would only give this hotel a 9 out 10!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel! It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our recent stays with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel from our shuttle to our rooms to our complimentary breakfast and finally to our wonderful team members. Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again soon!
United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a delightful surprise this gem of a place is! As background, I travel frequently both for work and leisure and usual choose Marriott Residence Inn or Hampton Inn for extended stays. Not anymore. I will now seek out Staybridge Suites.

First, I appreciated the well lit parking lot. I usually arrive at night and safety is my key concern.

Second. the staff have been very friendly and helpful.

Third, the rooms are nicely appointed, spacious and well laid out. The bedroom is a separate from the living room/kitchen - which I appreciate on extended stays. I get tired of feeling like I live in hotels. So it is nice to have a little more 'home' feeling.

Both the bedroom and living room have large TVs. There is a working desk in the living room as well as a kitchen with a counter to sit at. The living room includes a CD/DVD player! Now I can bring my neglected netflix dvds!

The bed was so comfortable. Almost on par with Westin's Heavenly bed. Which given this price point is very nice!

The pantry in the lobby had the odds and ends you might need including snacks. There is a breakfast buffet every morning that is quite nice. A wide selection from healthy fruit, yogurt, oatmeal to waffles, danish, muffins to premade egg omelette. There is a surprising assortment of cereals, 3 or 4 different juices, 3 or 4 coffee selections and soda products. You can of course also cook in your room which has a microwave, stovetop, fridge and dishwasher.

The rooms include WIFI and there is a fitness center and pool.

Frankly, the only 'complaint' I have is with the hair dryer. Holiday Inn brands use a sunbeam hairdryer that is lame. Packing a hair dryer takes up quite a bit of space so it would be awesome if the hotel chain either replaced the sunbeam dryers or offered at the front desk some additional dryers (1800 watts minimum).

But that little nitpick won't keep me away from this chain. I have always loved the Holiday Inn Express brand, and now Staybridge Suites. Guess it is time for me to give up my Marriott Rewards account.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank prs2007
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! It is a great pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you will now be choosing Staybridge Suites as your choice hotel when traveling. Based on the consistency of the brand I know that you will not be disappointed with any Staybridge Suites that you might choose during your future travels. We do try to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests and I'm delighted that you felt that while staying with us! Thank you again for your kind words and for being our guest. We can't wait to see you again soon.
New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'll start off by saying that this was my first stay at a Staybridge property, so some points might be brand related and not hotel specific.

The good:
1) All rooms are suites and are a decent size, with a full size fridge/freezer, microwave, stove, etc. There are dishes, cutlery, pots and pans available in each room.
2) Shuttle - There is a free shuttle that you can reserve to take you into Albuquerque within a 2 mile radius. The shuttle was on time and the driver was friendly.
3) Fitness center - It's a very nice size, well equipped with free weights and machines, and best of all was empty every time I visted.
4) Staff - Everyone was quite friendly and helpful from FD to shuttle driver.
5) layout - The bathroom sink and vanity is outside the shower/toilet allowing 2 people to get ready at the same time. It's a nice touch.

The bad:
1) Noise - The hotel walls are thin, and the doors are loud. I heard people talking in adjacent rooms and in the hall, and I heard every door slam. This hotel just wasn't built well. If you are a light sleeper, be aware.
2) Breakfast - They offer little bags to take breakfast to go, but almost nothing is in an actual package. Oatmeal, cereal, cut up fruits, and hot items are almost impossible to take to go. They did have fruits and yogurt cups, and the second day they have a few packaged danishes, but nothing special. The coffee was decent, and I'm particular about coffee.

The odd:
1) The hotel is difficult to find, but its located in a hotel complex with a Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn, and 1-2 other hotels. You'll see the Hyatt Place sign easily as it's on a hill.
2) Bedding - This is not a negative, but if this is the new bedding, then it's a bit disappointing. The quilt felt a little scratchy and none of the covers were really anything other than unremarkable.
3) Towels - I was surprised at how worn and ragged some of the towels in the room. Similar to the bedding, it was unremarkable and usable.

I was coming from a TownePlace Suites ABQ which is a similar type hotel so many of my observations are contrasting the two hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric E
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your business so please know that we will promptly address all of the good, bad, and odd feedback that you provided us with so that next time every aspect of your stay is great! Thank you again for your reveiw and for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We first visited Denver Tech Center Staybridge Suites (see my review of that property), then came here. What a difference as far as the room went. The Albuquerque room was much nicer.
We were upgraded (Priority Club Platinum Elite) to a 2 bedroom suite. The king bedroom was much larger that at Denver, and the entire suite just had that Staybridge Suites smile-making quality.
The grills worked and had placard instuctions and lighting. The room was quiet even though near Interstate 25.
One problem was the kitchen sink was plugged when we arrived and the disposal did not work. We were told we would have to wait until the next day for maintenance. The next day we were gone until afternoon, and arrived back in the room to find soap and water all over the kitchen floor. The dishwasher apparently had been run by the maid, but a stoppage must have occured with the drain to the garbage disposal. Maintenance told us that the disposal was not wired properly, so had to be plugged in to run continuously (without the ability to turn it off at the wall switch) - we passed on operating it. To the staff's credit, we were repeatedly offered another room if we wanted it, but we just did not feel the need to change rooms (because we did not plan to use the dishwasher, sink, or disposal). Overall we enjoyed the hotel, room, location, and staff.

Room Tip: Consider joining Priority Club (I like it better than Hilton HHonors for example). Then ask for an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our suites and our helpful staff. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the garbage disposal in the kitchen of your suite. We really strive to make our hotel feel like a home away from home for our guests. This includes everything from the cleanliness of our suites to the ammenities that we offer to the smiling faces working throughout our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a quick overnight getaway and it was Great! Clean room and nice staff. Everything you expect in a Holiday Inn family hotel.

The only negative is that the breakfast is a little too generic... Some bacon or sausage with my eggs would have been nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for posting your thoughts about our hotel! We truly appreciate your business and it's great to hear that we met your expectations as part of the Holiday Inn family. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite during the week of October 14-19, 2012. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and lobby, great breakfast, convenient to the airport, highway, Old Town in Albuquerque, etc. Could not hear the air planes landing or taking off.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We strive to make our hotel a home away from home for all of our guests. Thank you again for your kind words. We greatly appreciate your business and can't wait to see you again soon!