“Great airport location-o.k. Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
toots39
“Great airport location-o.k. Hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed Oct.2 to 9th. Room was a suite and large, kitchen,sitting area and seperate king bedroom. Walls marked up and air vents were pretty dirty. Out of 7 days we were there housekeeping came in 3 times, when I called about it, first I was told it was an extended stay hotel. What the heck does that mean, take your own garbage out? Once the do not disturb was put on the door after we returned from a day of being out at 3:00p.m., so they said they skipped us. I figured they forgot again since it was so late. The back entrance and stairway never did get mopped. I do agree every one was friendly. This could be a much better hotel if they would get more efficient with cleaning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toots39
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I greatly apologize that our housekeeping policies were not mentioned and made clear upon check in. I want to assure you that your comments have been addressed with all appropriate departments throughout the hotel. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed just one night,the desk clerk at check in was very friendly and nice. Check out the desk clerk not to friendly. Our room was smaller than some other Staybridge but everything was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was just ok,coffee good. Good location if you are going to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pcc10
Thank you so much for posting your thoughts about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that our breakfast and AM desk clerk where less than desirable. I truly appreciate your feedback and will use this information as a training opportunity with our entire team! We strive for every guests experience to be excellent in all aspects. Thank you again for your review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!
Provo, Utah
Reviewed October 9, 2012

You won't find a better place near the ABQ Airport (or 'Sunport' as they call it). This is less than 5 minutes from the Car Rental Plaza, so returning your car and getting to the gate is easy.

We were surprised by the the room---a one bedroom suite and a full kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The two queen beds were comfortable and fresh, and the bathroom amenities first rate. The shower pressure was startlingly strong---and nice. The staff was friendly and helpful (exact directions on the nearest gas station) and made us feel welcome. The breakfast was a full, hot breakfast with lots of choices. I used the wifi the entire time on site, and it worked well. They also have a huge exercise room with two treadmills, two ellipticals, and a recumbent bike to complement a rack of dumbells and a universal gym.

The hotel has a nice view of the city, something we hadn't expected. Everything about it was fresh, new, comfortable.

If you're looking for a place near the airport, you really can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: We booked on Hotwire and got a great rate. Rooms at the back of the hotel will offer a nice view of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UtahCrowe
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! It is a true pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and all of the ammenities our hotel offers. We strive to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests so it's great to hear that your experience was more than you had expected! Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again soon.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

From the moment I walked in and was ignored by the desk clerk I knew this was going to be a let down. I guess texting is more important than making sure I give them my business in the future. The room was the typical Staybridge room. It had everything we needed. The problem with the room was that the walls and lightswitches were filthy! I was afraid to touch anything. The breakfast was okay, but not kept up by staff so any mess that guests made as they served themselves, stayed there for the rest of us to work around. I return to Albuquerque every few months for work, but I won't be returning here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear mrsthib,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered particularly with the desk clerk and the breakfast staff. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Apologies for the lengthy review, but I have ALOT to say about this place.

I'll start with the basics first. The price for one of the basic suites is decent, but not all that competetive with similar hotels in the airport area (there are about 4 other neighboring choices like a Hilton, Hyatt Place, and new Holiday Inn. The suites are of course spacious, but as with most of these types of rooms there is lesser space in the living (loved the dvd player under the tv), bed (also with a flatscreen), and bath areas (watch those toes and knees!). The breakfast in the morning (velveeta omletts and hash browns along with hotel staples like waffles and cereal) and mixer-snacks (sandwiches, salads, and sliders) in the evening were plentiful, but tables were never cleaned (I wiped my own table before and after we ate, thank you very much) and food was put away almost instantly when mealtime was over.

The room my family of four stayed in was clean and comfortable (really great beds), but the bath area was definitely showing wear and neglect: there was dirt caked on to the top of the doorway and frame, and mildew stains in the corners of the tub (not what I want to see in a hotel room that's only a few years old). The hotel noise was also one of the worst I've ever encountered. There was a loud clanking sound that continued throughout our entire stay, and when we brought it up to the employee at the desk, she said management didn't know what it was and was still trying to figure it out. The cleaning staff parked their carts outside our door one morning effectively blocking our room, yet they never cleaned the floor at that particular time of day (it was just weird, and seemed like wasted time/energy moving those carts around for no reason). Now I'm not at all suggesting they weren't working, in fact I realize they pretty much do one of the toughest jobs in the hospitality industry. It was all just very odd. I also witnessed a manager chatting folks up during breakfast (I'm guessing these people were frequent hotel guests), but completely ignoring the messy state of the breakfast food and dirty tables. One of my pet peeves is hearing/seeing "that's not my job" and that was a steller example of THAT. Again, I realize that working in a hotel isn't easy, but if my friend who manages a hotel in Chicago is willing to help vacuum a few rooms because an employee is sick, ALL managers can at least ensure that their place of work is at least presentable...

Incidentally, free wifi is indeed offered and the password is written on the envelope with your room key, HOWEVER the password had to be re-entered every 15 minutes! It was the most random and annoying thing! Also while there wasn't much parking in front of the hotel, there were PLENTY of spots around back by the pool/put-put golf/dining areas. If you don't find a spot, just drive around back and cut through. Easy as pie.

I've stayed at other hotels and other Staybridge properties in fact. I most likely will not return to this particular one, BUT that isn't to say it's a bad place. All it means is that for the price we paid there were more cons than pros during our stay. Hopefully, most of these issues will be improved upon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank M0mmyG
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night back in December 2010. The hotel is great; had a full kitchen complete with pots, pans, silverware, dishes adn even dish soap. This would be a good place to stay at for an extended stay. The location is a bit tricky though; had a hard time finding it. But once I found it, it was all good. The bed was comfortable, perfect for resting after a long eight hour drive from Oklahoma City, OK. I would recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the ammenities that we offer. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding our location, but glad to hear that once you arrived we met or exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Albuquerque!
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites Albuquerque Airport for one night while driving from San Diego to Colorado (relocating). After a 14 hour trip with an anxious dog, the person who checked us in at midnight was SO FRIENDLY. She did not seem to mind at all that we were so late. She made the check-in process so smooth and easy and was extremely welcoming. The room was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had reserved a basic room and it was bigger than I expected with a little kitchen and full fridge/freezer. The free shuttle to the airport and the free breakfast was perfect for my friend who was flying home early the next morning. The hotel is very dog-friendly with a pet walk and poop station (bags & trash) and every staff member lavished my dog with attention. I wish I had made the time to use the pool and fitness center. I don't know if I will be driving through Albuquerque again, but if I do visit I wouldn't stay anywhere but Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel! I am so happy to hear that our team members and room accomodations exceeded your expectations. We hope that you will return to our property again soon and can take advantage of our other ammenities. Again thank you for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again soon!