My husband and I stayed at this hotel on June 12, 2010 for one night. I reserved our room online and forgot to add our AAA discount. When we got there to check in I told the lady that I made a mistake and forgot to add our AAA info online. She said "Well the room is prepaid so there is nothing I can do!" She was pretty clear she wouldn't do anything to help us. She could have refunded our money and then recharged us the correct amount but I guess that was too much of an inconvenience to her. Instead she said "you got a good rate anyway" and didn't bother to even apologize for the inconvenience to us! GREAT customer service!! We left in the morning before check out time because we had a long drive ahead of us. Two hours into our drive I realized I had left my camera charger plugged into the wall (in a very visible spot) with my battery in it. I called immediately and the lady I spoke with said they had just started to clean the rooms and the cleaning people have bags with them to bring back anything they find. She said as soon as they get done and bring back what they find I will call you. She took my number and seemed very helpful. I never got a call from her so when we reached our destination that evening I called again. This time I spoke with a man (I think his name was Tyler) and he was completely in the dark about any of this. He said there was no note left at all and didn't know anything about it. I explained to him what happened and he placed me on hold while he looked in lost and found. He found nothing. He told me that no one had checked into our room since we left so he would go take a look and see if it was still there. He politely took my phone number and said he would call me back shortly. About 10-15 minutes later he called me back and apologized but said it was not there. I know my charger and battery are there, I just know it but yet they say they it was not. I called immediately when I realized it was missing but somehow it mysteriously disappeared?! My husband and I have always had great service at Holiday Inn and we make it a point to try and stay there whenever possible but this particular location has left such a bad impression and we will make sure to avoid Holiday Inn in the future!! I will also let everyone I know about the poor service we received and the loss of my charger and battery ($80) that was not returned to me. Thanks for the horrible experience Albuquerque, because of your lack of customer service you have lost our business
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Old Town district hotel is located off I-40. While staying with us you can visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (within walking distance) and experience Native American cuisine, learn about our local pueblos and even see a traditional dance performance. Visit the Historic Old Town Plaza(approx 2 miles) to do some shopping, have some great food, and visit the many museums Albuquerque has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Albuquerque Old Town