“Bad Customer Service and Untrustworthy workers!!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Bad Customer Service and Untrustworthy workers!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on June 12, 2010 for one night. I reserved our room online and forgot to add our AAA discount. When we got there to check in I told the lady that I made a mistake and forgot to add our AAA info online. She said "Well the room is prepaid so there is nothing I can do!" She was pretty clear she wouldn't do anything to help us. She could have refunded our money and then recharged us the correct amount but I guess that was too much of an inconvenience to her. Instead she said "you got a good rate anyway" and didn't bother to even apologize for the inconvenience to us! GREAT customer service!! We left in the morning before check out time because we had a long drive ahead of us. Two hours into our drive I realized I had left my camera charger plugged into the wall (in a very visible spot) with my battery in it. I called immediately and the lady I spoke with said they had just started to clean the rooms and the cleaning people have bags with them to bring back anything they find. She said as soon as they get done and bring back what they find I will call you. She took my number and seemed very helpful. I never got a call from her so when we reached our destination that evening I called again. This time I spoke with a man (I think his name was Tyler) and he was completely in the dark about any of this. He said there was no note left at all and didn't know anything about it. I explained to him what happened and he placed me on hold while he looked in lost and found. He found nothing. He told me that no one had checked into our room since we left so he would go take a look and see if it was still there. He politely took my phone number and said he would call me back shortly. About 10-15 minutes later he called me back and apologized but said it was not there. I know my charger and battery are there, I just know it but yet they say they it was not. I called immediately when I realized it was missing but somehow it mysteriously disappeared?! My husband and I have always had great service at Holiday Inn and we make it a point to try and stay there whenever possible but this particular location has left such a bad impression and we will make sure to avoid Holiday Inn in the future!! I will also let everyone I know about the poor service we received and the loss of my charger and battery ($80) that was not returned to me. Thanks for the horrible experience Albuquerque, because of your lack of customer service you have lost our business

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Juneever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Easy access to I-40, close to the airport and Petroglyph National Monument. Free parking, breakfast, internet. Everything was exactly as expected except that it would be nice if the pool closed later. We arrived quite late and had to leave early, so we were not able to soak our tired bodies in it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sk_denny
League City, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Great hotel and friendly staff. Comfortable bed in spacious, nicely decorated room. Easy access from I 40 and a short drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque. While visiting, try Church Street Cafe.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
TALLAHASSEE
Reviewed October 27, 2009

A nice, new and clean facility, it was close enough to all our downtown and Old Town activities to ensure we make all our appointed events on time. Our room was both clean and comfortable.The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare, which is more than adequate and reasonably tasty. The entire staff was very helpful and responsive to our every request..

The only negative is the directions the Holiday Inn chain provides on its Priority Club website, which if not correctly could landing the traveler in the wrong part of New Mexico, if not another state. Those directions from the airport start the traveler out in the direction on I-25, heading South instead of North! During daylight this would be less of a problem than it is after dark for other first time visitors such as we were! I mentioned it to inn management..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town Albuquerque. I picked it thinking it was within walking distance of Old Town. It was not unfortunately. But it was a short drive away with a freeway conveniently nearby.

This Holiday Inn had beds that rival the Heavenly Beds touted by Westin Hotels. They were simply magnificient as was the sumptuous bedding. The bathroom was large and luxurious. We stayed two nights and hated to leave.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Flew into ALB to start on a ten day tour of northern New Mexico and Arizona.

First of all, this hotel is not in Old Town Albuquerque. After a long day of traveling, we were not able to walk to a restaurant just down the street, but instead had to get back into our rental car and find a restaurant for dinner.

Secondly, this hotel does not appear to be new. The rooms have been nicely refurbished, but the common areas appear old and worn and dirty. According to the rental car agent, this property was the old Sheraton.

My husband is a Holiday Inn Priority member, and he did not receive a "goodie bag".

My husband drinks tea for breakfast, and no hot water was available for tea.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Billings MT
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed here for business. The staff was very friendly. I was greeted everytime I entered the building from my meeting and dinner. There was always someone at the front desk. They assisted my colleague with shipping out some binders via UPS; they really helped. They made suggestions where to eat in the city.

The place is less than a year old and very clean. I observed maintainance cleaning scuff marks on a wall in one of the halls, so management is on top of things.

I have no complaints about the room. It faced the street. I had my fan on so, I can't really report if traffic was an issue; It created "white noise" for me. It was very clean. The linens were new. I had a Flat Screen TV, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. I was satisfied with the fitness center. The breakfast room can accomadate the morning crowd and CNN is on a flat screen TV while you eat your hot/cold breakfast. The breakfast lady was very friendly. In the afternoon, oranges were available to guests.

The location was close to my meeting. The area is being revitalized. The hotel is across the street from Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. There is a new looking Lowes and Wal Greens across the street.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business