We just stayed two nights at this hotel, on our way to our final vacation destination, and this is my first review on TripAdvisor. I was moved to write a review because of the fantastic service we received by everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. We plan to return to Albuquerque and will stay here again. Here's why:
1) The pool and hot tub were great for our kids. While the pool was a bit heavy on the chlorine, we all enjoyed splashing around in it and soaking in the hot tub.
2) Just across the street is the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. We had no plans for the day so wandered across the street just to see what it was like and were treated to fantastic and educational collections, cultural dancing and Native American jewelry and artisans displaying and selling their work.
3) A McDonalds and Walgreens are within walking distance, which was perfect because we'd forgotten a few necessities. We drove just 10 minutes to have dinner at Casa de Benavidez, which was an amazing restaurant (recommended by the front desk staff).
4) The free breakfast, which we enjoyed two mornings, probably saved us a total of $60. It was really good and had a variety of hot and cold foods to choose from. Our kids loved the pancake maker.
5) On the third floor were an exericise room and a room for laundry. I was so happy to have the ability to do a load of laundry and not have to drive around looking for a laundromat in a strange city.
6) While we didn't use this service, I noted that the hotel has a shuttle to take visitors to the zoo and other local attractions.
7) The beds were very comfortable and the shower was amazing.
Again, I can't imagine a better place for a family with kids to stay. We look forward to our next stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Old Town district hotel is located off I-40. While staying with us you can visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (within walking distance) and experience Native American cuisine, learn about our local pueblos and even see a traditional dance performance. Visit the Historic Old Town Plaza(approx 2 miles) to do some shopping, have some great food, and visit the many museums Albuquerque has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Albuquerque Old Town
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town Hotel Albuquerque