There have been those on here that said this was in a bad area. It is right next to the expressway in a major city but we felt safe and didn't worry about our car or anything. Most of the staff there was WONDERFUL. Harris at the front desk gave us some great tips for our day-trip to Santa Fe. We spent two nights here. The room, pool and breakfast were exactly what you would expect from a HIE. The room was clean, comfortable and we had a great view of the mountains. It's a quick drive down to Old Town, the zoo, aquarium, etc. And you are close to the highways to hop and go to any other destination in region. It was a great central location for us to use as a base. Our major complaint...the last night we were there the batteries died in the smoke detector in our room at 2 a.m., waking the whole family up. We couldn't tell if it was a problem throughout the hotel or just ours. We tried calling the front desk for about an hour before someone finally answered. He came up and pulled the detector out of the ceiling. The next morning as we checked out the woman at the desk asked how everything was and we said we didn't get much sleep due to the smoke detector. She shrugged and said, "sorry." After the great customer service we had received up to that point, we expected more from this highly rated staff. Disappointing. They probably would have gotten a 5 if it hadn't been for that, but it left us with a sour note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Old Town district hotel is located off I-40. While staying with us you can visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (within walking distance) and experience Native American cuisine, learn about our local pueblos and even see a traditional dance performance. Visit the Historic Old Town Plaza(approx 2 miles) to do some shopping, have some great food, and visit the many museums Albuquerque has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Albuquerque Old Town