“Staff Goes Beyond the Call of Duty”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #17 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Albuquerque Historic Old Town Holiday Inn meets the gold standard in lodging, as far as my wife and I are concerned. It’s clean. It’s comfortable. And it’s conveniently located. All for a reasonable price. But this HIE is also much more. It has an extraordinarily friendly and welcoming staff. In hopes of getting a high floor with a view of the mountains, we mentioned it was our 50th wedding anniversary. To our total surprise, the front office manager, Toni Chino, and her staff, swung into action. We found ourselves upgraded to a full suite (2 rooms, 2 TVs, 2 bathrooms and a sauna)! The coffee table was set with a large bottle of Welch’s grape juice cocktail in an ice bucket, lemon cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, a bowl of mints, anniversary decorations, and a Hallmark card signed by her outstanding staff (Penny, Maria, Jiliana, Sarah, Eva and Pralay). When we expressed our surprise and appreciation to Toni, her attitude was that they were eager to help anyone celebrate a special event. They certainly know how to do it. From now on, whenever we think of our 50th anniversary we’ll think of Toni and her friendly staff at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Ted70Michigan,

Thank you so much for the review! I can't tell you how much these mean to us. I am glad that you were happy with our hotel and our staff. We love the opportunity to celebrate events with our guests, especially something as significant as a 50th Anniversary. I hope that we are all as lucky as the two! Your hand written note is up on our bulletin board and brought a tear to our eyes. Thank you so much! Wishing you another wonderful 50 years! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This HoIiday Inn Express (HIE) staff should be the standard against which the IHG corporation bases all its properties. It is obvious that management of this property understands the concept of customer service and staff attitude.
Housekeeping was timely and complete. The breakfast was appropriate for the HIE price range. Common area maintenance (painting, etc.) was good and on-going. The only comments for improvement were minor and passed on to a receptive front desk: (1) housekeeping should keep a better eye on bathroom "paper products" (don't be chintzy about supplies, even if customers do walk off with an occasional box of tissues); (2) the front entry doors were occasionally erratic in opening (cleaning of the tracks and lubrication should take care of this); (3) because of the location at a major intersection, the next renovation of rooms/suites on the intersection side should include more window soundproofing (a third pane?); (4) the room thermostat(s) need upgrading/replacement (indefinite feel when changing modes).

However - will we stay at this HIE again? - most assuredly!

Room Tip: Rooms/suites away from the intersection would be quieter at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AFSBob
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

AFSBob,

WOW! Thank you for the wonderful compliment! Without our guests we would not be here. This is something that we all take very seriously and is also why we are in the hospitality business. We appreciate your observations as well as your recommendations. We will be looking into the items you listed. Have a great day! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed a many, many hotels and this one had some of the best staff I've ever dealt with. From the front counter staff, to the lady serving breakfast, I was extremely satisfied. Exceeded expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

tbellchoc,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate it more than you know. Your comments put even bigger smiles upon all of our team member to know that they are some of the best ever! Thank you again. We look forward to your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is clean, and the staff is wonderful. I was greeted cheerily when I arrived and the check in process was quick and efficient. Penny at the front desk even called my room about a half hour after I settled in to check if everything in my room was satisfactory. I have stayed in many hotels, and have never had the staff call to inquire if my room was satisfactory! I know that if I had found anything amiss (which I did not), they would have had it fixed in short order. If I stay in Albuquerque again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Sammi112345,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We can't thank you enough for your review. I couldn't agree more - Penny does a wonderufl job at our Front Desk, always friendly and so caring and our staff truly cares about the cleanliness and most of all our guests. We always want to make sure you have all you need while you are with us. Come back to visit us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights travelling from Australia. We were really satisfied with the price and the location of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast which is provided daily adds to the value with free wifi and friendly staff (Harris Balkin) Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through albuquerque.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

GLA2694,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you found our location to fit your needs (price, breakfast, and wi-fi). Harris is a wonderful asset to our team and I am glad that you had a moment to speak with him. We hope to see you again on your next trip to or thru Albuquerque!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have to write this review so people know how good this place is because it really is outstanding. My kids loved the pool and the front desk staff Penny was just great. Location was very convenient parking was spacious and the breakfast area was very good. Hotel is only four years old.

• Stayed: January 2013

DamionBrown,

YAY! I am so happy that you and your kids are happy with our location and our staff (Penny). Thank you for taking the time to let others know that we are a great find in Albuquerque. Hope to see you on yoru next trip.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Motels in Albuquerque seem, for the most part, to pop up wherever a builder and his investors can find an empty lot. That certainly seems to have been the case with the Holiday Inn Express Old Town which, though more or less across the street from the large Indian Pueblo Center, is blocks away from Old Town itself. On the other hand, this large motel-hotel is less than a mile from the I-40 freeway and little more than that from the I-25, the two main interstates that bisect New Mexico.
Like most HIEs throughout the country, this offers travelers just about anything they might want, from a comfortable night's rest to a reasonably pleasant continental breakfast in the morning. Check-in and out is quick and the front desk personnel, especially the night staff, outgoing and very friendly.

My wife and I have been to Albuquerque on many occasions and stayed at many different motels when we done so. If none of them have overwhelmed us with their excellence, we have never been disappointed in any of them either. Certainly the HIE Old Town is also a fine establishment and, if there is nothing that makes it stand out above all the others, any traveler will be pleased if they choose it when stopping in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BigP
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

BigP,

Thank you for taking time time to review our hotel. I am glad that you have found nice hotels and good service during your visits to Albuquerque. I do hope that you will continue to stay with us when you and your wife are in Albuquerque again, we would love to try to overwhelm you with our excellence.