“Winter break Texas trip”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #17 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great service by the staff, I wish they had little better breakfast... I went with my sister and her kids ... It was nice the concierge was a great help........... We only a night there while we were traveling to Dallas TX... THANKS...............

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Nazish76,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Should you have further suggestions regarding breakfast options I would be happy to pass them along to our parent company. We are always looking to improve. Hope to have you as our guest again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Very teasonable rate. Good breakfast. Nice pool. Very clean. Overall, we were very happy with choice.

We had 2 bedroom suite which was huge. Unfortunately it faced the street and was somewhat noisy.

Sara worked the night shift and was excellent. We joked with her asking about the freshly baked cookies. 1/2 hour later she called our room and stated the cookies were ready. Nice service!

The location was convenient but you will need a car. Old town is about 1 1/2 miles away. Walgreens across street with a convenience store next door. Highway 40 is right there.

In sum, we were very happy with HIE.

• Stayed: November 2012

TonyLehighValley,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your time in Albuquerque. I am glad that you enjoyed the space that your suite had. I do like the layout of those rooms as well, plenty of room for a family. Sarah is so great at what she does, she truly is one of our many faces of what hospitality is. Our location is wonderful as it is so close to both interstates. I do have to agree that a car is necessary if you are staying mulitiple nights. However the city bus is always another option. There are a handful of stops nearby. We look forward to having you as our guests again!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel and again it was a wonderful experioence.
Very friendly staff; I got excellent recommandations about restaurants (authentic Mexican).
No chance finding hem without their help!
Needed an adopter and received one for 24 hour use.
Close to the Old Town.
Nice rooms and good breakfast.
Good price as well!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Rudy C,

Thank you for staying with us not once but twice, and for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you were able to find some good food while you were here. Our staff loves to send our guests to find great food and Albuquerque has many! We hope to see you on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed here 3 nights. The welcome was excellent at reception, and in fact the receptionists are extremely helpful. Breakfast is a good buffet, as in all Holiday Inn Express hotels and is complementary. The lady who serves at breakfast is also very nice too. The beds are huge and very comfortable. The only little gripe I have is that the room doesn't seem to be dusted every day. The beds are beautifully made, and fresh towels provided, but i noticed a thick coat of dust on the surfaces this morning.
The facilities are good too as in all Holiday Inns. This hotel is also well located as is relatively near to the centre of town, and near some good restaurants too. There is an interesting Indian Cultural Centre just across the road.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mickigirl1310
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Mickigirl1310,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad that you found our reception and breakfast staff nice and helpful. We have passed on your comments regarding Housekeeping to our Executive Houskeeper. I am always amazed at how perfectly they get those beds to look. We are keeping a close eye on the dusting. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Albuquerque!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here twice, due to convenient location, service, and wonderful staff. I agree with all points of praise from other reviewers, especially about staff and location. Easy walk to IPCC and convenience store/ gas station. Rooms were sparkling clean; breakfast well-stocked with all you need. Recommendations from desk clerk for dinner at the cultural center, topped off our evening with a wonderful meal. So good, we brought her back a dessert, as thanks. Would be happy to recommend this location of HIE to anyone who is nice enough to appreciate it. As for you parents who let your kids come out of the pool and drip all over this lovely place? That's poor teaching of how to treat other peoples' things. Stay home until you can be more considerate.

Room Tip: South or West are the quiet sides. Hotel is at busy corner, though we weren't disturbed by any...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

ParticularTNgal,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I love this website for this very reason - Travelers giving others words of advise and tips. Our Housekeeping staff certainly does **Sparkle**! They do an outstanding job each and every day. I am glad that you had a great dinner across the street at the Pueblo Harvest Cafe. Our Front Desk Clerk sends thanks for the dessert. We look forward to you staying with us again and again. From our family to yours Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, and both times I was happy with my stay.

The rooms are very clean-- I appreciate how the Holiday Inn chain washes the duvet covers for each guest. I have grown so used to having to fold down any bedspread and lay out a towel to sit on that I love the fact that the bedspread is clean for me.

The beds are comfortable-- the TV works and the water pressure was hot and strong. What more could I want?

The standard Holiday Inn breakfast of their wonderful cinnamon rolls, microwaved eggs (yuck), hard boiled eggs (yum), cereal, bacon or sausage, juice, coffee, etc. You can even make your own waffles-- which the kids always seem to love here.

This location seemed to be a little off the beaten path. If you don't have a car, you are stuck.

Overall You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

TallGirl7,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a repeat guest. The hard boiled eggs are my choice for breakfast as well. There is always so much to choose from (hot cinammon roll, yogurt and granola, bagels, and of course the wonderful fresh pancakes). We look forward to your next stay with us. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

WOW! What a wonderful visit to a PRISTINE hotel and hosted by a very professional and informative staff! Had to travel to Albuquerque for a two day personal business trip and wanted to use one night's worth of Priority Club points. I called the hotel and asked if they would honor the points on a weekend night, the attendant on duty; Ms. Sarah was very informative, specific with her information on how I could achieve this request by calling Priority Club. After calling Priority Club (which again was very helpful) I was able to obtain a two-night stay with one night using points and the other night paying. Once arriving at the hotel, again Ms. Sarah was extremely helpful in checking us in after a long days journey. We were provided with an OUTSTANDING suite for a reasonable price, especially in this economical sensitive times! The location of the hotel was close to the Native American Cultural Center and provided a very comfortable surrounding for our stay! The Holiday Inn Express was centrally located, easy access to the Interstate, fuel stop, quick shopping and close access to Old Town Albuquerque. The breakfast buffet was absolutely fantastic! The culinary attendant was very friendly and ensured that the hot food line was fully provided for at all times. The cleanliness and exquisite appearance of the eating area was again a very comfortable and pleasurable experience! The staff was very helpful in explaining questions I had regarding some "pending" charges and again was extremely professional in all aspects. Truly personified CUSTOMER SERVICE attitude and performance, thank you so much! Great stay, if ever traveling to the "Duke City" again this will be our FIRST CHOICE/PREFERRED CHOICE of stay!

Room Tip: Nothing I could contribute could add to the positive experience we enjoyed at this hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

SandyDuff60805,

Thank you! Thank you! thank you! I can't tell you how much these reviews mean to us. You are correct, Sarah is so informative, and professional. She is one of of the many assets that make our team and hotel wonderful. I am so happy that you had a great time with us and in Albuquerque. Using those wonderful Priority Club points is also a bonus. We look forward to you and your family and friends next stay with us. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.