“Couldn't be more accommodating”
Review of Adobe and Roses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Adobe and Roses
Ranked #9 of 13 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first stay at Adobe and Roses, and we were traveling with our small dog. When I initially made the reservation, I was a little concerned about some of Dorothy's policies: no credit cards, dogs not allowed on the furniture, dog to be kept away from her chickens. Although all of these stipulations are completely reasonable, I was afraid that our laid back personalities might clash with Dorothy's expectations. Then, to top it all off, we arrived much earlier than expected after spending a horrible morning in traffic and failing to get anywhere close to a parking spot near Old Town. Tired and stressed, we threw ourselves at Dorothy's mercy. What we soon discovered is that she is one of the most gracious, accommodating innkeepers we've ever encountered. Despite the fact that our room wasn't yet ready, she immediately invited us to drop off our things and directed us to a great nearby restaurant for a leisurely lunch, just what we needed. When we returned, our room (actually a wing of the house) was ready for us, allowing my husband to crash for a much-needed nap. Later, when I asked Dorothy for a recommendation where I might be able to leave our dog for day boarding the next day, she volunteered to let us leave the Princess in the room where Dorothy checked on her throughout the day. I could go on and on about the beautiful grounds surrounding the house, the restful, quiet atmosphere, the comfortable furnishings, and the excellent hot breakfast, but it still wouldn't do justice to Dorothy and her inn. I highly recommend Adobe and Roses to anyone looking for a place to feel at home in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Approximately one year later I made a return visit to Adobe and Roses and everything I said in my first review remains wonderful! This time I had the suite in the main house...it is pictured above at the start of this listing...very spacious living/dining area with expansive windows looking out on the lovely gardens. Quiet and private. Delicious breakfast every morning and a simple and convenient kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with both a shower and a tub. I love this place, this rural residential neighborhood, and it is now firmly established in my mind as my go-to home when in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon here 2.5 years ago, and in thinking about it later - we should have stayed at Adobe and Roses the whole time. Dorothy is magnificent, and does all she can to make you feel at home, while at the same time giving us enough space to truly enjoy our time here. This time we brought my in-laws, and they fell in love with the place as soon as they got out of the vehicle. With its beautiful and quiet surroundings, as well as great location to many of Albuquerque's sites (and shopping) - it is its own little oasis you can get lost in and never leave, or return to time-and-time again and never get tired of. Adobe and Roses sets a standard in comfort and relaxation, as well as a space you look forward to returning to as often as you can.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the guest house rooms for a little more privacy, or if you want to be like one of the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband needed a comfortable, spacious accommodation to use while we did some personal business and visited old friends for five days.

This is it! Large rooms; very private, beautiful grounds, quiet and serene setting. It is the best of north valley Albuquerque.

Don't miss it. I can hardly wait to return and simply relax, read and enjoy for a few days.

Room Tip: We had the guest wing of the house; I recommend it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had made detail arrangements with the owner writing and telling her definitively which of the 3 choices of rooms that I wanted. She had agreed even sent it written on the information she sent me Then i sent her my deposit. And when she had my deposit -- she told me "oh by the way I'm putting you in another space. Not the other stand alone space but the space in the main house". It was too late for me to make other arrangements. There were no apologies. Simply she had put someone who was going to stay longer in the space we had agreed upon. As for the space I was put in--as mentioned by another reviewer--it was okay but somewhat worn & threadbare and cold--& not the space that was agreed upon! The two stand alone spaces are very nice. But the proprietor's word is not trustworthy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank adamsparks
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nestled in the north valley of Albuquerque, Adobe & Roses B & B offers peace and tranquility while just minutes from many stores and fine restaurants. As snowbirds from Ohio, my husband and I stayed in the king suite of the guesthouse for the month of February. It quickly became our home. Our gracious hostess, Dorothy Morse, made us comfortable in every way. We relaxed with plenty of space to entertain our family and old friends. Sometimes we just wanted quiet nights in front of the blazing fire in the kiva style fireplace on a few cold winter nights.
The trails along the Rio Grande were perfect for bike riding and hiking. We accessed it through Bachechi Open Space off of Alameda. We will definitely make this our home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our last stop on a trip thru New Mexico. While we unfortunately didn't have a chance to meet Dorothy, who took a rare opportunity to visit her daughter in San Francisco, I did talk to her on the phone, and she is very nice. I will also say that the accommodations are the best we've ever had at a B&B (and we've stayed at a lot). We had a large casita with our own living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. And a little pond outside the door, with chickens and peacocks running around, which we found quite charming and relaxing. The location is great - its like being out in the country, but really only a short drive to the two places we wanted to see in Albuquerque, which were Old Town and Santa Fe. The spacious living room has one of those round 'kiva' corner fireplaces and a picture window looking out on the pond, and we could see the mountains from the bedroom window. Everything was very comfortable and complete - it was like having your own home away from home, but very New Mexico. We thought it was perfect, just the opposite of staying at a standard corporate hotel. We wanted local color, and we found it here. Another reviewer used the words 'delightful' and 'great value', and I will concur with that - you couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: They are probably all good. We had the larger of two casita 'halves' - our half had a separ...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple