“Second Home...”
Review of Adobe and Roses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Adobe and Roses
Ranked #9 of 13 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Abilene, Texas
“Second Home...”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon here 2.5 years ago, and in thinking about it later - we should have stayed at Adobe and Roses the whole time. Dorothy is magnificent, and does all she can to make you feel at home, while at the same time giving us enough space to truly enjoy our time here. This time we brought my in-laws, and they fell in love with the place as soon as they got out of the vehicle. With its beautiful and quiet surroundings, as well as great location to many of Albuquerque's sites (and shopping) - it is its own little oasis you can get lost in and never leave, or return to time-and-time again and never get tired of. Adobe and Roses sets a standard in comfort and relaxation, as well as a space you look forward to returning to as often as you can.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the guest house rooms for a little more privacy, or if you want to be like one of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband needed a comfortable, spacious accommodation to use while we did some personal business and visited old friends for five days.

This is it! Large rooms; very private, beautiful grounds, quiet and serene setting. It is the best of north valley Albuquerque.

Don't miss it. I can hardly wait to return and simply relax, read and enjoy for a few days.

Room Tip: We had the guest wing of the house; I recommend it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
lubbock, texas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had made detail arrangements with the owner writing and telling her definitively which of the 3 choices of rooms that I wanted. She had agreed even sent it written on the information she sent me Then i sent her my deposit. And when she had my deposit -- she told me "oh by the way I'm putting you in another space. Not the other stand alone space but the space in the main house". It was too late for me to make other arrangements. There were no apologies. Simply she had put someone who was going to stay longer in the space we had agreed upon. As for the space I was put in--as mentioned by another reviewer--it was okay but somewhat worn & threadbare and cold--& not the space that was agreed upon! The two stand alone spaces are very nice. But the proprietor's word is not trustworthy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank adamsparks
ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nestled in the north valley of Albuquerque, Adobe & Roses B & B offers peace and tranquility while just minutes from many stores and fine restaurants. As snowbirds from Ohio, my husband and I stayed in the king suite of the guesthouse for the month of February. It quickly became our home. Our gracious hostess, Dorothy Morse, made us comfortable in every way. We relaxed with plenty of space to entertain our family and old friends. Sometimes we just wanted quiet nights in front of the blazing fire in the kiva style fireplace on a few cold winter nights.
The trails along the Rio Grande were perfect for bike riding and hiking. We accessed it through Bachechi Open Space off of Alameda. We will definitely make this our home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our last stop on a trip thru New Mexico. While we unfortunately didn't have a chance to meet Dorothy, who took a rare opportunity to visit her daughter in San Francisco, I did talk to her on the phone, and she is very nice. I will also say that the accommodations are the best we've ever had at a B&B (and we've stayed at a lot). We had a large casita with our own living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. And a little pond outside the door, with chickens and peacocks running around, which we found quite charming and relaxing. The location is great - its like being out in the country, but really only a short drive to the two places we wanted to see in Albuquerque, which were Old Town and Santa Fe. The spacious living room has one of those round 'kiva' corner fireplaces and a picture window looking out on the pond, and we could see the mountains from the bedroom window. Everything was very comfortable and complete - it was like having your own home away from home, but very New Mexico. We thought it was perfect, just the opposite of staying at a standard corporate hotel. We wanted local color, and we found it here. Another reviewer used the words 'delightful' and 'great value', and I will concur with that - you couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: They are probably all good. We had the larger of two casita 'halves' - our half had a separ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JMD_and_LFD
Portola Valley, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

DO NOT COME HERE if you expect this to be just like another Marriott or Day's Inn!!!

This is a detached or semi-detached room or suite in a private residence near the banks of the Rio Grande. It is also like staying in a private residence - reasonably quiet, spacious, walk-outside-your-door-and-you're-really-outside kind of place! Chickens and peacocks vie for your attention during your relaxed and wonderful home-made breakfast.

I will not stay anywhere else next time I'm in ABQ!.. A little tattered around the edges, but an excellent value and - hey - if you want corporate hotel perfection, please stay at a Marriott!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jcharley
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My friend and I rented the guest cottage of this great B&B and did our own meals. But you can also stay in the main house and either way you can accept meals there. The guest cottage has a comfortable living room, kitchenettes in both sides, fireplaces, and wireless for our computer. We found the Adobe and Roses gave us great access to I-25 to go north to do our touring, and also gave us great access to Old Town Albuquerque and the ABQ airport. And the grounds were unusually lush. Roses, datura, lily pads, pond. And a peahen (female peacock) greeted us every day. The B&B also has horses and other birds. The owner, Dorothy, is helpful with dinner recommendations and we ate at a great Mexican restaurant nearby, at her recommendation. The food was wonderful and there was quiet, live music which was a delightful surprise. Dorothy is a relaxed hostess and she enjoys her work. I would definitely stay there again for a short or a long stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends