“My Favorite ABQ Restaurant”

Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Ranked #4 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and run by the 19 Indian Pueblos of New Mexico, this important center showcases the history of the Pueblo people through ancient artifacts, dance demonstrations and art exhibits.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love enchiladas and have made the rounds in ABQ seeking the best. My favorite by far are prepared by the Cultural Center's cafe in a clean, simple way with native-style squash, rice and beans on the side. My favorite breakfast in ABQ is the cafe's blue corn grits with additions. The dining area is spacious and quiet with a wall of large windows facing Sandia Mountain across the ABQ plateau. Or dine on the open patio with this view. Native American music piped in adds to the relaxed atmosphere. As far as I'm concerned, this is ABQ's classiest choice for dining. I know a few long-time ABQ residents who agree.

The center itself, of course, is a treat with cultural exhibits, native dance performances, and a large gift shop that is complete and reasonably priced. Parking is never a problem in the center's large lot. If you have just a short time in ABQ and want to catch its historical and cultural essence, this is the place to go--just a short drive from well-known Old Town.

There are newer reviews for Indian Pueblo Cultural Center

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm going against the grain and saying I found this experience tense with children aged 9 and 10. That certainly doesn't mean I'm suggesting the curators should change the place. But I think parents of young children should look at the programming carefully if they wish to make this a family event.

The day I came, there were no activities. The girls showed great interest in the native jewelry. But trying to get them interested in the history and artifacts of local natives was difficult. I saw much that intrigued me that simply couldn't be related to my kids. The war artifacts and support documents were fascinating. I'd need to come without the kids to get anything out of them.

To parents of very young children, come alone or look for a day were events are more geared towards the kids.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very very interesting place that shows a lot of respect for their culture and history. This was a great and not too expensive way to spend some time and learn a little something.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

First off I love the architecture of this building. There were no events going on during my visit but the shop is full of beautiful art and jewelry for purchase. The cafe and bar are the only thing near and if you stay at the hotel across the street you get a 10%. I ordered a nacho plate one evening and three people could not finish it.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Gorgeous building, easy to access and find,price is right, excellent exhibits, friendly staff, and Cafe is 5 stars

1  Thank Jeannine G