“A true gem in History”

Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Ranked #4 of 226 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and run by the 19 Indian Pueblos of New Mexico, this important center showcases the history of the Pueblo people through ancient artifacts, dance demonstrations and art exhibits.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I simply needed to waste some time....man, was I shocked. I spent almost an entire day at this museum! The history represented here was so extensive and well presented. I loved every minute of it. Getting to meet native Indians also was a particularly wonderful experience. They were so welcoming and ready to give you information on their culture. I came away from this center with a different idea of these peoples and their lives and history. Totally worth it, and I didn't even go on a day of dances.....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)
All reviews
"old town"
"dancers"
in 191 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The museum itself was decent. I really would have loved to see more history from before the conquistadors. It seemed like much of the museum was pretty much entirely focused on how they have been consistently put down for the past 300 years. Would have been great to see some artifacts or anything from more than 20 years old. There was one Native American that we spoke to that basically kept repeating the same thing over and over to each guest. We tried asking questions about the school and he didn’t have much info. There was one volunteer downstairs that was a ‘friend of the Pueblo people’ that was incredibly informative and had a ton of information not only about the Pueblo people but about other tribes around New Mexico and the United States. She was an incredible asset to the museum and really a reason to go back. Also, if you go, expect to see no less then 8 Nativity Scene’s.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Center is much larger than when we last visited, and they have great exhibitions. Unfortunately because we visited on a winter weekday, we did not get to see any dances. The current exhibit about the history of the Indian School is great. Again, the basement exhibit of all the art styles from each Pueblo is not to be missed--best I've seen anywhere. And the restaurant has wonderful food, service, and price.

1  Thank LMom1
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Exhibits were extremely well done. We went on a Sunday so could take photos of a live Indian Dance show. Very informative - got a really good sense of all the different Pueblos in New Mexico. Can easily spend a few hours here.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this visit to this museum. Neat little museum to read and learn about the native culture in NM. I personally liked the timeline and learned a lot from reading there. We ate lunch there and it was delicious. I split the taco with my mom. It was very tasty! The red chili sauce was my first experience with it and it was great. The service was excellent. We all agreed some of the best food we had on our trip. We also bought our yearly trip ornament there from a sweet local lady that handcrafted it. The day that worked the front gate as well as the security ppl were not overly friendly or helpful but the nice gentleman working the bottom floor with the pueblo art work was a gem!