“Hospitality at it's best!!!!”

Isleta Resort & Casino
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every staff member in the hotel, restaurants and Casino was there to make our visit comfortable. I have never had maid service personal greet you with a smile and ask you how your day is going or what a beautiful day it is. Casino personnel was so friendly and I want to call out Norma Jean ( named for sister Norma Jean NOT Marilyn Monroe) in the bar, who was such a delight and so professional! I could go on as the dealers were just a friendly and seemed really interested in who we were and where we were from. It was so much fun! I also noticed many families there. I would definitely recommend this for a nights stop or a several day stay in the beautiful and enchanting Albuquerque area!

Additionally, the room, restaurants, casino restaurants and restrooms were sparkling clean!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcia H
There are newer reviews for Isleta Resort & Casino

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Isleta Casino Resort Saturday night for an anniversary trip. We had reserved a baloncy room. When entering the room I took my shirt off and laid it across the back of a chair to change into my swimsuit. While changing I notice that the entire desk was very warped. The chairs and table on the balcony also looked very worn and dusty.

We headed out to the pool only to find that there was no bar in the pool area. We were told that we could order drinks via room service on a wall phone, but there was no food allowed in the pool area. We ordered our drinks and entered the three foot deep pool. The water was a little too warm and much to shallow to provide any relief from the very hot day. Finally our drinks arrived and we entered the pool with our drinks. Instantly a woman told us that no drinks were allowed in the pool. We were allowed to sit with our feel in the water as we each finished our drink.

When we got back to the room I showered for dinner and picked up my shirt that I had laid across the back of the chair. There was an inch wide mark of dust across my shirt that had been on the back of the chair! I got out another shirt, ironed it and we headed down for dinner at Embers Steakhouse.

We had a reservation at Embers and were seated fairly quickly. Once seated we sat for over 20 minutes before our order was taken! When my steak arrived it was very much well done even though I had ordered it to be medium. Also, once our food arrived I didn't see our waitress until well after we had finished our dinner, so there was no chance to have another cocktail with dinner. Needless to say that due to the bad service and the food not being very good we will not be returning to Embers Steakhouse.

After dinner we played some craps and blackjack. All of the dealers were very friendly and helpful. They made the night fun.

The next morning we went down for breakfast. Again we had to wait for over 20 minutes for service once we were seated listening to music that was too loud for a Sunday breakfast. After our 20 minute wait a man approached that I thought worked in the maintenance area and not as a server. He had on a denim shirt with the sleeves rolled up, suspenders and several things hanging from his belt. He looked as if he came directly from central casting to play the part of a maintenance man, The food was fine, but we were never offered a refill on our coffee.

With the horrible service in the restaurants, the lack of any resort feel in the pool area and the dirty/rundown room we will not be returning to Isleta Casino Resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sean151
Reviewed August 26, 2013

About 30 family, friends and myself included filled the embers steakhouse to listen to the new band, have dinner and drinks. I read the reviews on the food served and was somewhat doubtful of having dinner there. When we arrived I asked for seats at the bar so that we can have drinks. They stated it would be an hour wait but that we could still order from the waiting area or the patio, when walking off the host demanded my name. About half an hour in he led us to a table, we ordered another round of drinks and one person in our party asked for ice water because the water had been sitting at our table before being seated and it was warm. The waiter then brought a cup of ice which I found rude. Someone from the bar bought us a round of drinks and as we waited the waiter asked what we wanted for dinner, because of his terrible service backing previous reviews we said we were going to have drinks only. He snickered at us as he stormed off and here came the "manager" he then asked us to leave if we weren't having dinner. I then asked for an appetizer of potato skins and he rudely and loudly stated, "I am not going to serve you potato skins." My friend quickly jumped at him and things got ugly. I reminded him of me specifically asking for seats at the bar and about their bad service, hence the reviews. I will never return to that restaurant and unfortunately I will probably not return to isleta casino again. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences at Sandia Casino, Route 66, and Santa Ana Casino.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Adriana D
Bianca M, Public Relations Manager at Isleta Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

We are very disappointed to hear this guest did not enjoy dinner at Embers Steakhouse. We strive for the best in culinary tastes, customer service, and enjoyable dining. We currently have a new Food & Beverage staff, as well as a new menu at Embers. Our guests are our top priority and we would be delighted welcome this guest back for a pleasurable dining experience worthy of the name Embers.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is our favorite stopping Resort when we are traveling out west. Lately it seems that we are comparing every stay to the Hard Rock. Everything from the size of the rooms to the bakery items at the cafe were top notch. Room service is fantastic after a long day on the road. Bottom line is if you are traveling Rt. 66 make this one of your overnight or weekend stops.

Room Tip: Make sure you present your Hard Rock card at check-in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Isleta Resort and Casino recently ended their contract with the Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos and is now managed by the Isleta Reservation. The transition seemed to be a smooth transition from the viewpoint of its customers. The Hotel still offers clean comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. The Resorts eating establishments offer good food at reasonable rates and the casino, for the most part, is not covered in a haze of smoke. I found customer service to be very good with most employees being friendly and helpful. The one draw back to the Resort is the location, about 15 minutes south of downtown Albuquerque. If you are staying for the weekend you should take the trip into Albuquerque...lots to do with wonderful places to eat. If you can stay a little longer, take the hour and fifteen minute drive north to Santa Fe the time will be well spent. Overall I enjoyed our trip to the Isleta Resort & Casino and look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west for great views of the New Mexico unsets.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Okay spot south of the airport in Albuquerque. Hotel rooms are nicely spaced and showing some wear. Bathrooms are above average. My view was wonderful for sunset. I would not seek out the spot again - while at the same time wouldn't avoid it either.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dwgcontact
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Albuquerque is gross with dirty people if you've watched "Breaking Bad"...I am surprised to be mistaken. I decided to check for four star location out of downtown and that's when I discovered the Isleta Resort & Casino. Recently, launched with new logo and name. Formerly the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. After a quick call and a room rate of $89 for a single king I headed off ten minutes south of Albuquerque and further east off the interstate to a majestic tribal influenced structure on a lake with a golf course and views of the golden sunset across the valley below. The Isleta Resort & Casino on the outskirts of Albuquerque is in reasonable proximity to the airport. Which- I never heard any airplanes during my stay.

On ski/snowboard trips I have passed through meth TV's hometown and thought about the way the city is portrayed. As I was passing through Santa Fe driving south from Denver the road was clear with winter's luster amiss the miles clicked off. Per usual I had taken the previous week to select a few nice hotels to stay and plugged them into the GPS. As I blew by my Santa Fe destination a half day ahead of schedule due to the fortunate weather I had to decide if I would head to the Hot Springs resort in Truth or Consequences or do I risk Albuquerque? I hadn't plugged an yBurq into the GPS on purpose. I decided to stop early, take a swim to loosen up my driving muscles and get a bite to eat at a place I would enjoy. Initially, Albuquerque was as expected, the choices seemed on the east side of lack-luster. A La Quinta was$150 as was the Best Western, Drury, and some others. I pulled into a cluster hotels to select rooms and change hotels without driving. As I arrived in the parking lot vicinity the entire cast of any post apocalyptic zombie film was working, waiting, or contemplating the robbery of my room. I stayed in my SUV and went back to the web. Let me tell you, I'm 6'3" and fit and I didn't want to be in downtown Albuquerque any longer than I must. That's when I found the Isleta Resort & Casino.

Firstly, It never had the Hard Rock Catina /Restaurant and the clientele as you would expect in such a establishment. Which is why I was pleased at the onset. I detest noisy, cheap food with loud mouth hillbillies drinking junk booze with their yelping youngin's and jumbo chain slop hole eatin'. There were some people in the lobby that were one step from Hooter's rejects. But for the most part I saw older couples dressed age appropriate in Polo or carrying Louis bags(real or fake it shows taste if the outfit matches) and young families on vacation. Very nice folks.

The hotel decor is tasteful and full of natural fiber, wood, earthy type material that translates into the tribe's ethos. The valet was surly but efficient which was quickly forgotten after the pleasant experience at the front desk. The gave me a room with a view on the 5th floor. There are six floors in case you were wondering. I got to my room via the glass elevators in the center of the lobby (very 1970's Berlinesque industrial). Great view of the valley...but wait. What's that? A family of yelpers next door with crying and scolding in syncopation. I don't take to that well at 3 PM and will not wait to bath time before I ask for another room. The front desk happily switched rooms in another corridor in less five minutes. The suites matched exactly in quality and decor. Both beds were firm, the rooms were equally clean and the views, although different, achieved parity.

I planned on having a pleasant night with a Harvest Martini in my room with a little room service after a quick trip to the gym a pool. The elevators to the facilities are private to guests. Nice touch. The gym was well stocked with equipment, towels, cold water and glass walls with a view to the grounds.Another nice touch. The pool was indoor/outdoor connected through a waterfall which the children could not get enough of. I can't blame them for loving a waterfall of warm water. I chose to swim outside alone and watch the sunset. It was excellent in all aspects. The downside was the jacuzzi was cold, I mean not heated. The staff said it was out of operation and would be repaired soon. I returned my towels and took a quick trip through the metro sexual spa/salon then headed up to my room.

Large room, excellent fully stocked and enormous bath, sitting area, tables,and large dressers with a 40+ LCD. The AC was set at 72 and the linens and pillows were more than sufficient. Overall excellent.

Showered and dressed i decided to head to one of the five restaurants just off the lobby and ordered a Glenlivet 12, Ahi Salad and app nachos. The scotch was tasty, but my glass had a chip in the rim. The bartender quickly poured me afresh giant glass and apologized.

Order the rainbow shots if you're with a few friends, you can find it on Youtube. The bartenders were pouring them and the crowd was going bananas.Properly toasted I head up to my room with my to go food and watched mind numbing TV in a opalescent haze of scotch and tuna. The bed was very good and provided a great night sleep.

The next morning I used the single espresso machine and took a quick shower.Check out was handled with a call downstairs where my bill was waiting upon departure. My car was waiting at the valet and I was off in a jiffy. I'd say a very above average experience. I'm planning on going back to try the golf course or maybe fishing the seasonally stocked lake.

Important Note: The Isleta tribe has a new marketing agenda for their casino with the defining characteristic as "High Payout Odds" for all their games. They are separating themselves from the Hard Rock brand now that they have things up and running. This is why I gave the place 4 out of 5. I am sure the clientele will undoubtedly mass for the great gaming and I think ultimately change the dynamic to a slovenly hoard. For now the place is a steal.

Also, if you dress like a bum or act rude similar to one person in the lobby, I think the staff thinks of you like a bum. They may not treat you any worse but I don't think they go out of their way for you. This would explain some of the lesser reviews.

In 2010 I stayed at the downtown Marriott which is nice and what you'd expect from one of the better chains for $150. I went out with friends and nearby I found a quaint dining district without bums and trustafarians. Had good pizza in the Nob Hill area of Central Ave. near the college. I'd head in that direction if you want good beer, reasonable prices, and organic. Seems child-friendly for those of you with tots in tow.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank DrSkya