“Best Hotel Ever”

Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Hotel Ever”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed in the 2 bedroon suite. The room was bigger than the main floor of my house. Only spent 1 night. The scenery was fabulous, the grounds well kept, the room was clean. Good variey of of meals available, nice little snack shop. A little out of the way for Route 66 but I'm glad I stayed here. Wish I could have stayed longer

2 Thank paul l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival I was a bit hesitant to stay here because of the traffic on the street. The price for four nights was unbeatable so we stayed, and if we are ever in ABQ again there is no place I would stay except here. We got to know Kay and she is such a wonderful amazing hard working woman and such an inspirational person to listen to her tell her story!! This place is clean!! Yes the noise from the traffic was a bit much on Sunday night, but we still slept just fine! I can't say enough good things about our stay and our appreciation for the owner! Thanks again!! J.C

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pplrsegrl
Utah
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We enjoyed our three day stay at Sandia Peak Inn. The location is close to Old Town, Petrogylphs National Monument and the Bio Park. Our room was clean and had plenty of outlets. Breakfast had a good selection to choose from including: waffles, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice etc. There is some road noise, but that wasn't a problem for us since we always travel with a sound machine. The real draw for this property, as many other reviewers have said is the owner, Kay. She is very friendly and attentive and "happy, happy, happy!" We loved hearing her story of coming from India to America without anything and working hard for many years to get where they are today. We love to support family owned businesses that really care about their property and the people they serve.

2 Thank GotaWearShades
Reviewed June 10, 2014

For those on a budget (who isn't?), this is one of the best values we have found in years. Easy checkin, clean comfortable room, good wifi. Breakfast was as expected - good coffee and rolls, waffles, toast and jam, fruit, cereal. Will definitely come again.
In addition, it is a delightful locale - art work, well kept up, cozy setting. The owners obviously care about this place and their clients.
Only negative - street traffic, but not bad at all.
Will definitely be staying here as we travel through Abuquerque once or twice a year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard S
Salt Lake
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What the other reviewers don't tell you is that the owner of this motel really expects you to be out of your room by 9:30AM. And if you are not out by the 11AM check out time, someone will beat on your door continuously until you are out.

The continental breakfast is served from 7AM to 9AM. The expectation is that you will get up before 7, bathe and pack, go eat the breakfast, then leave the property. At 9:30 the maids knock on your door and if they find you in your room they are pretty put off.

I arrived at 11:30PM one night after a long day's drive. The room was incredibly hot, the air conditioning had not been on for several days apparently, so I did not sleep well. When the maids knocked on the door at 9:30AM I told them I was still sleeping. I woke up next at 11AM and went into the bathroom. For the next ten minutes the maids knocked on the door. By the time I was done in the bathroom they had gone, so I got in the shower. For the next ten minutes the phone rang. By the time I got out of the shower the phone had stopped, but as I was drying off and putting on some clothes the owner began pounding on the door and screaming. When I finally had on enough clothes to be decent I went to the door and told her that if she would not scream at me for ten minutes I would get out of her motel and never come back. Which I did.

If you are not going to get up at 7AM and get off the property by 9:30AM do everyone a favor and don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank DharmaBumSLC
Fulton, Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed there in late May. Check-in was easy and efficient. The room (king bed) was typical motel, but still comfortable, as was the bed. We didn't expect much of a breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of items offered.

Only two minor complaints...first, the location, along Central Ave. (Rt. 66) tends to be a bit noisy as there's lots of traffic going by day and night. Also, the owner was very conscious of her TA rating and kept urging us to write a good review (BTW, this review is totally unbiased as I am from the East Coast). Finally, we asked for a copy of our bill at checkout, and all we got was a xerox copy of the check-in form, rather than an itemized bill.

Having said all that, I would probably stay here again if I were in Albuquerque. It's not too far from Old Town, and, as I said, the bed was as comfortable as many high end hotel chain beds. And the room was, in fact, clean.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Management so kind. Room big and clean and unique. Love this kind of place. Vintage feel. Quiet and cozy. Would definitely come back again. It was a great stop on our cross country trip and a nice change from a big chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family