“Excellence in all departments”

Sandia Peak Inn Motel
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Beautiful new (about ten years) building; striking design and tasteful art work. Owner Kay is the most courteous host you will ever encounter and the friendly janitor is a joy to talk with.
Spacious rooms, tastefully designed and nicely decorated and provided with all the necessary amenities and chairs. Modern breakfast room.
Very good located on Central Boulevard with its Route 66 icons, close to Old Town, easy acces to the interstates and plenty of 'Breaking Bad' locations within reach. Tent Rock National Monument 55 miles.
Unbeatable price-quality value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrik L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were warmly greeted by the owner, Kay, and then personally shown to a wonderfully large, clean room to see if it meant with our approval. It most definitely did, as did Kay's willingness to direct us to Old Town, which was less that two miles away. The restaurant she recommended proved to be a great find, too. The next morning, as we were enjoying a nicely varied breakfast, Kay visited with us and seemed most genuine in her interest in us. Then she invited us in to her and her husband's apartment to show us that and to talk about her children and about the story of their immigration from India to the United States and their history in the motel business. Proud of their success, they were inspirational in their firm belief in the possibility of living and earning the American Dream. It was truly our pleasure to stay there and to get to know the owners. I'm sure we'll make a point of returning to this motel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Kay, the owner, is extremely helpful and serviceminded.
I stayed there with 2 friends and our rooms were spacious and clean. Kay drove us to the Old town the first day and to downtown another day, so nice of her! The morning I had to leave for the airport early morning she took me with her car. She really went above and beyond to help, a true gem!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelwalli1967
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I read the favorable reviews on tripadvisor and decided I would give it a try. I was not disappointed. The hotel is very well maintained. My room was very large and very clean. The bed was gy-normous. There was a 40" flat panel TV on the wall (maybe bigger, I didn't have my tape measure with me). The WiFi was very good - I could even watch streaming videos! The air conditioner was very quiet.
The hotel the owner was very friendly and extremely helpful.
The breakfast was very nice: bagels, pastries, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, boiled eggs, do-it-yourself waffles, etc. This was far better than you will get in a Super8 or most Baymont Inns. The price was VERY attractive (I recommend calling the hotel directly and not going through a booking website). I now know where I will be staying nice time I am in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: If you want to impress your wife or girlfriend, get the suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afm_kontakt
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My partner and I spent the last four nights at the Sandia and I can thoroughly recommend both the room and the service we received. The owner is a most helpful and caring lady who, when she heard our son was in an Alburquerque hospital, offered to drive us a considerable distance to be at his bedside....where else offers such service? I cannot praise this lady and her genuine concern and advice too highly. The room was spotless and well maintained and the dining room was clean and well equiped with a good choice and variety for any taste. I would recommend the Sandia to anyone who seeks good, clean accommodation and a welcoming atmosphere which is genuine and not simply a sales ploy. Thank you Sandia Peak Inn Motel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed in the Sandia for five days in March this year. Our welcome and stay could not have been warmer and the owner Kay could not do enough to help us. Our room was large and spotless as was the beds and bathroom. The breakfast room was bright cheery and a good choice of fruit, juice, breads, waffles and cereal on offer.
The motel is on Central whpich is the main road through Alburqurque. We did not have car and bus stop was five minutes away. Fow those with cars it must be very easy to get to where you want to be easily from the motel.
I cannot recommend the motel and especially the manager highly enough and would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double Andy was more than big enough for a couple. There are king rooms which must be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked our stay online with booking.com the night we were to arrive. The price was around 50$ and we were happy campers. When we got in we received a receipt for 67$. We told them that was not what we booked at and showed the confirmation with the price. They insisted we paid that price and we told them if it was that much we would not have booked there. They told us that we would have to call the place we booked with. We told them that that was obviously a communication problem between them and the company. Not our fault. She gave us the room for the price we booked it at. She gave us the handicapped room because it was next tithe laundry room. We had a great first night stay. She handled the situation very well and the room was wonderfully furnished. We enjoyed our first night stay.

• Stayed: February 2013