“Clean and wonderful owner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sandia Peak Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Stockholm, Sweden
“Clean and wonderful owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Kay, the owner, is extremely helpful and serviceminded.
I stayed there with 2 friends and our rooms were spacious and clean. Kay drove us to the Old town the first day and to downtown another day, so nice of her! The morning I had to leave for the airport early morning she took me with her car. She really went above and beyond to help, a true gem!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelwalli1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Fernley, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I read the favorable reviews on tripadvisor and decided I would give it a try. I was not disappointed. The hotel is very well maintained. My room was very large and very clean. The bed was gy-normous. There was a 40" flat panel TV on the wall (maybe bigger, I didn't have my tape measure with me). The WiFi was very good - I could even watch streaming videos! The air conditioner was very quiet.
The hotel the owner was very friendly and extremely helpful.
The breakfast was very nice: bagels, pastries, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, boiled eggs, do-it-yourself waffles, etc. This was far better than you will get in a Super8 or most Baymont Inns. The price was VERY attractive (I recommend calling the hotel directly and not going through a booking website). I now know where I will be staying nice time I am in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: If you want to impress your wife or girlfriend, get the suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank afm_kontakt
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My partner and I spent the last four nights at the Sandia and I can thoroughly recommend both the room and the service we received. The owner is a most helpful and caring lady who, when she heard our son was in an Alburquerque hospital, offered to drive us a considerable distance to be at his bedside....where else offers such service? I cannot praise this lady and her genuine concern and advice too highly. The room was spotless and well maintained and the dining room was clean and well equiped with a good choice and variety for any taste. I would recommend the Sandia to anyone who seeks good, clean accommodation and a welcoming atmosphere which is genuine and not simply a sales ploy. Thank you Sandia Peak Inn Motel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed in the Sandia for five days in March this year. Our welcome and stay could not have been warmer and the owner Kay could not do enough to help us. Our room was large and spotless as was the beds and bathroom. The breakfast room was bright cheery and a good choice of fruit, juice, breads, waffles and cereal on offer.
The motel is on Central whpich is the main road through Alburqurque. We did not have car and bus stop was five minutes away. Fow those with cars it must be very easy to get to where you want to be easily from the motel.
I cannot recommend the motel and especially the manager highly enough and would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double Andy was more than big enough for a couple. There are king rooms which must be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked our stay online with booking.com the night we were to arrive. The price was around 50$ and we were happy campers. When we got in we received a receipt for 67$. We told them that was not what we booked at and showed the confirmation with the price. They insisted we paid that price and we told them if it was that much we would not have booked there. They told us that we would have to call the place we booked with. We told them that that was obviously a communication problem between them and the company. Not our fault. She gave us the room for the price we booked it at. She gave us the handicapped room because it was next tithe laundry room. We had a great first night stay. She handled the situation very well and the room was wonderfully furnished. We enjoyed our first night stay.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We're a retired couple traveling through Albuquerque on our way to the Grand Canyon and spent 3 nights here. It was fantastic! Our room was spotless and the service was great. I loved the way the room was decorated and it was so comfortable. Even though it's right by the road, there was no road noise. I would recommend Sandia Peak Inn to anyone. It's within minutes to the zoo, botanical gardens and aquarium, which also are definitely worth your while to visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan H
Cornish, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently stayed at Sandia Peak for 3 nights both during the beginning and the end of my trip to New Mexico and Arizona. I learned of Sandia Peak through this website. From the Albuquerque Airport go North on I-25 to I-40 East. Exit on Rio Grande and turn left off the exit. Travel approx 3/4 mi. to Central Ave. and turn right onto Central. Continue for approx 1/2 to 3/4 mi. and it will be on your left. I was greeted by a lady named Kay. She was very gracious and helpful. The room was very spacious, clean and well appointed. I chose a room with 2 queen beds. The price was very reasonable. Room was very quiet and everything worked well.

It is also located in an area that has everything that you need as far as shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends