“Best Buffet in New Mexico”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #54 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 18, 2009

50 Miles west of Albuquerque NM along I-40/ Route 66, stands a Hotel/ Casino in this Laguna Indian reservation site. It looks like the only building in this desert area. This facility is full of entertainment, from Kids Quest to KXX nightclub and of course the main thing is the Casino. Like most of the Hotel/Casino, it has a buffet which has a huge variety of selections like:

Pacific Rim - Island fusion of different flavors from Sushi to noodles to fresh fish dishes.
Mediterranean - Greek cuisine blending with Portuguese touch.
International Grill - A combination of different grilling style, south-western BBQ to sizzling Carribean cuisine.
Southwestern - wide array of chili infused dishes, very comforting.

We dined on thursday which is their SEAFOOD NIGHT.
The service is amazing, the servers are very attentive to your needs, non-stop soda and coffee fest.
We pigged out with crab legs, I almost used a big deep plate for crab shells as my main plate, LOL.
Save space for dessert which the portion is in perfect size and very appetizing.
FOOD - Excellent
PRICE - Very Affordable $ 19.95/ each
SERVICE - Wonderful

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Descant

Reviewed August 13, 2009

great hotel and great casino, you won't come home a loser!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Stayed at the hotel on Friday, May 29 after a concert. We had a special of $40 rates for our play. Check in is great and the staff are friendly. There is a sign on the receptionist desk and they make you sign a no party/alcohol in you room clause when you check in. To me that is like telling you not to gamble when your at a casino. Rooms again are average, although clean I would say "average". The pool area is very small and is only indoor. Bars are good however expensive. Ate at the Mainstreet Cafe which was good. There is also a Johnny Rockets, buffet and a quick deli type for food. Went to room in early morning and yes like past posts the wall are paper thin. You also hear doors slamming all night. Overall again "average"

1  Thank amarch
Reviewed May 19, 2009

It was my birthday. My husband took me out to eat and spend the night at the casino hotel. I placed my i touch i pod in the night stand drawer before we went to eat. when we checked out the next morning i forgot to get it out of the drawer. We went back later that day to retreive it and house keeping said they didnt have it. Yes they do have it ,and did not turn it in. Security checked the rm but housekeeping had already cleaned and got their hands on it. It was not a good experience at all. They took a very expensive item and lied about it.

5  Thank nmranch
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The physical building and the rooms are nice, but the staff here needs A LOT of work. My wife and I are retracing Route 66 for our 20th anniversary, so we stayed here. Not a
good experience at all.

#1 - We went to the main bar for a drink. The girl behind the bar was "freaking out" because there was a problem with another customers ticket and she couldn't find her manager. After standing there for 10 minutes and hearing her exasperated sighs and comments, she finally approached us. Trying to ease her tense mood, I jokingly asked, "are you ok"?
"No, what can I get for you" was the reply.
I asked for a Budweiser 2 times. She poured a Bud Light. I aksed her to correct it, and she did. I didn't stay for any more beer there..........I don't have that kind of time. I went to the only other place in there that would serve a beer. Better drink fast, they close at 9:00

#2 - The bar is packed tonight. This is Sunday. We're trying to play some of the
slot machines, but a good many of them near this area are taken. Not by people playing, but by people just sitting in the chairs, watching everyone in the bar. Even further
into the casino, people are sitting around at the machines and texting, or talking to another person. Some are playing 2 or 3 machines at a time. There are no casino staff on the floor to keep people from loitering. The sign says 1600, slots. Don't believe it, More like 1200, with seating for 400 of the general public.
Frustrated, we called it a night. Can't get to many of the machines.........Can't get a beer, the main bar is too full and it's 9:30 - - the other place is closed.

#3 - After returning to our room, I e-mailed some friends on the computer and caught up on some work I needed to do. Midnight now, and fell asleep. AT 1:00 A.M. , a blaring siren in our room with instructions "There is an emergency, vacate the building and do not use the elevators". My wife and I jointed the other hoards of people, rushing down the hallway, down the stairs to stand in the parking lot. No sooner do we get outside, when they let us back in. "False alarm folks, sorry".

We'll never be back to this Hotel.

5  Thank devildog1212
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I Booked a stay at the Hotel on a Saturday for 109.00 a night. I'd like to say the hotel is very easy to access from the I-40.

The Check in process was smooth and the desk lady was friendly. One downside is they do not allow outside alchohol into the rooms, and no drinking in the casino unless in designated areas. Anyway back to the room, the Room was very nicely decorated and very clean I do not have any complaints about the room, or the trip to the room. For those who like indoor pools they do have one there with sauna but they shut it down nightly at 10pm.

The Casino was clean, with many many machines, most of them were 1 cent and 25 cent machines, with some high limits scattered about. The buffet was average, not worth the twenty dollars if you ask me. Several of the meats were not prepared well, making them never ending chewy.
Outside of losing money in the casino, and average buffet I was pleased with the casino and hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank FunInAz6
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Found this place by accident about a year ago. Have stayed there twice now on the way to Vegas from Oklahoma. Rooms are $66 per night usually (if you ask for that rate.) Casino was, I thought, really cool in that the carpeted walkways in the casino are actually "highways" that have the little white lines and cement color, just like the real Route 66. There are also "street signs" directing you to the various parts of the casino. Casino is colorful and not tooooo smokey. They have a live band in the bar some nights. Some nights are Mexican themed it seems.

The rooms were nice and new, and clean. Price was right. Lots of Spanish speakers there, which was not surprising considering it's near Albuquerque. Dealers were nice, table limits were reasonable. Coffee shop type restaurant (breakfast) was pretty good. Buffet was just average I thought, though they did have lots of choices. I didn't eat at the fancy place, though it looked nice.

The place has a small gym, and I believe an indoor pool, which I didn't use. There is a convenience store and gas station just across the parking lot from the main hotel/casino. The gas station area also has a smaller casino with about 50 or 60 slot machines in it. Free soft drinks while you play. The location of this place, about 30 miles west of Albuquerque, makes it a nice midway stop between Oklahoma City and Las Vegas on Interstate 40.

Well, the cat is becoming enthralled with the typing and watching the mouse on the screen, so guess I'm done for now. Hope this review was helpful!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo