“Fun Place To Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tampa, Florida
“Fun Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Easy parking, Great front desk, and a nice room at a fair price. The Bars and Restaurants are much better than average. The only thing I was not happy with was the A/C, which was very loud. I would stay here again.

2 Thank Prine041745

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boca Raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Driving from the the Grand Canyon we decided to give the hotel a shot. We were very please with the price, and cleanliness of the room. Everyone was very friendly and cordial. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Used Around Me app on Iphone to search for hotels as we drove down the high way.
2 Thank Skydudebocaraton
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

First the check-in, front desk staff very rude, not welcoming at all. They make you sign a very bizarre written agreement, strangest thing I have ever seen checking-in. When we went to the room it overlooked the parking lot, I went right back down and asked if there was a room available that did not overlook the lot and freeway, the desk clerk who had checked me in five minutes before said how long have you been in that room, I stated that she had just checked me in, (although she never looked at me during check-in), then she said very rudely" I have a room that overlooks the roof which would you like"!! I kept the wonderful parking lot, freeway view. The rooms are just standard rooms, bed was ok, room was very noisy, we heard people in the next room having a party that lasted until 4AM, called the desk they took no action.
Next the restaurants, just one word horrible, slow service, uneatable food, when our party was asked how the food was, we responded not great, he said he would go back and slap the cooks!! Buffet was ok not great. Stopped to have a drink at the ba,r waitress so rude, I left without ordering.
Checkout, another rude encounter, since this was a business meeting that was going to last until just past noon, I asked for a one half hour late checkout, their response "absolutely not".
I would rather sleep in my car then stay in this place again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
10 Thank RBB58
Indooroopilly, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Rooms are above average, they do have a fantastic buffet, not bad! Don't know what else to say, we were treated well and less expensive than accommodation in ALBQ. Great stop off point.

Room Tip: Just be thankful to have a clean, convenient place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank philwarner2016
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We've been to this "resort" for a few concerts in the past, and I've also gambled a few times, but this past weekend, we ate at Thunder Road, saw a concert and spent the night. So now I feel more prepared to comment.

Thunder Road was very good. I had steak and my wife had fajitas. They weren't the absolute best ever, but quite nice. The prices are pretty reasonable. The service, we felt, was excellent. We enjoyed the "tableside guacamole" and would go back just for that sometime. Overall, we were very happy.

The concert venue is pretty nice. Big semi-oval shape. Sitting near the back, you'd be a LONG way from the stage, so don't go if you can't afford at least halfway to the front. Join the Player's Club before buying tickets and save a couple of bucks. We have seen several rock concerts there, and they've all had decent sound. The large screens don't help much, they always seem to be slightly out of focus.

The casino is standard...what can one say. I've had days when I've done very well and others not so much. $5 Blackjack tables are PLENTIFUL.

The room was surprisingly attractive for what is essentially a Comfort Inn or Days Inn level hotel. Nothing expensive about the decor, but someone put some thought into colors and such...with the result being a pleasing room. Downsides, though, were that it was fairly noisy in the hallways and from the room next door...and the mattress was QUITE hard. If you struggle to sleep on a very firm mattress, get ready to sit up reading all night.

But truly, this is a "blue collar" (and I truly don't mean to be insulting) or "middle class" hotel/casino. Yet I cannot fault their decor, which is over the top, but consistent and kind of fun. I cannot fault the service levels, which are generally friendly (the lady at the box office was the exception...wow, was she rude). And the prices are generally quite reasonable. They are very proud ($10 per person) of their Envy Nightclub, which we didn't visit. But if you're a hotel guest, no cover charge.

Room Tip: If at all possible, be a member of the Player's Club before you book. They give pretty good dis...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RMurray847
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We arrived very late night and found the room to be super comfortable, very clean and quiet. The casino was hopping! Great table games with $5 minimum even on a Saturday night. Staff is super professional and very welcoming! Highly recommend if you are roadtripping on the way to Grand Canyon for a nice and well priced place to stay! Pool was also very clean and not crowded at all!

3 Thank Marmes J
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We booked a room after buying tickets to a concert. We are from Santa Fe and thought it would be easier to stay overnight rather than drive back to Santa Fe after the concert. We found parking close to the hotel's entrance. There were lines of people checking in but we only had to wait a few minutes to get our room. The room was spacious and clean. The was a coffee pot and two phones. The air conditioning worked great and was not too loud. We ate at the Thunder Road Restaurant and Catina downstairs before the concert and the food was yummy. We ate breakfast at the Main Street Cafe the next morning and I liked it better than Thunder Road. There were free sodas and lemonade available by the Ultimate Rewards club. Even though people were smoking in the Casino the air was being filtered really well and the smoke was barely detectable. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly to us. The next day there was a free car show in the main parking lot and that was a surprise treat. The one strange thing we encountered was that we could not make an initial connection to their WiFi network from our room. We had to go down to the lobby and make the initial connection from there (basically agree to the terms of use). Once we did that the WiFi worked fine from the room. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will book another room the next time we see a show there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple