“Pleasant getaway!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #58 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Pleasant getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We booked a room after buying tickets to a concert. We are from Santa Fe and thought it would be easier to stay overnight rather than drive back to Santa Fe after the concert. We found parking close to the hotel's entrance. There were lines of people checking in but we only had to wait a few minutes to get our room. The room was spacious and clean. The was a coffee pot and two phones. The air conditioning worked great and was not too loud. We ate at the Thunder Road Restaurant and Catina downstairs before the concert and the food was yummy. We ate breakfast at the Main Street Cafe the next morning and I liked it better than Thunder Road. There were free sodas and lemonade available by the Ultimate Rewards club. Even though people were smoking in the Casino the air was being filtered really well and the smoke was barely detectable. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly to us. The next day there was a free car show in the main parking lot and that was a surprise treat. The one strange thing we encountered was that we could not make an initial connection to their WiFi network from our room. We had to go down to the lobby and make the initial connection from there (basically agree to the terms of use). Once we did that the WiFi worked fine from the room. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will book another room the next time we see a show there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank donutduran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We drive every year from Oklahoma to Las Vegas and use Route 66 Casino and Hotel as our halfway stop to relax and spend the night. We like to gamble and really enjoy their casino and their choices of places to eat. Their rooms are very reasonably priced and very comfortable. The staff has been very helpful and we have had a nice stay on all 4 trips the past 2 years. You can also get play for your gambling dollar.

Room Tip: Easy access right off IH40 for long distrance travelers
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen L
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Not until we checked in that night, they presented us with a paper with all the rules and regulations that they wanted us to sign and initial, which included NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE ROOM!. (This was like a Bait and Switch scheme).
I did not see such rules when making the reservations online on the pages that I visited. The first page tells you that they Do Not Accept Pets, so we left our dog at home. But nothing about drinking on the rooms. I mentioned to the girl that was checking us in, and her response was: "Well, you do not have to stay here if you do not want to!"
I could not reach the rest of the people on my party, otherwise all twelve of us would have gone to a different hotel.
The following day the manager told me that they do NOT allow alcohol in the rooms because they want you to go to your room and relax, not drink! So what now? Are they going to tuck me in as well?? The Manager also told me that the hotel is on a Sovereign Nation, and they make the rules!....What?!? Like Indians don't drink? (and it's NOT a racist comment folks, it's just an observation). She also told me that the rules were listed on the internet, but they must be fine print, as I could not find them in the first couple of pages when making the reservation.
SO ....... I WILL NOT STAY at the Route 66 Hotel & Casino IN THE FUTURE! As long as I'm not doing anything illegal, NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO IN THE ROOM !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Manny V
GREENFIELD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hotel rooms are among the best we have found in an Indian casino - great beds, amenities, and service. The casino has the best selection of slots including old favorites along with the newest offerings. Great restaurant choices and an average buffet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank raelynn219
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Pool concerns! Pool had apparent algae staining and hot tub was merky/cloudy. My 5y old dtr, got a burning skin rash after being in water.......they were using alot of chlorine.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gypsy505
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My family and I live in Albuquerque but we drive out to Route 66 Casino fairly regularly for the restaurants and casino. So, we decided to spend a night out there and it was very nice. We checked in around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and were promptly given a room.The room was big enough for me, my husband, and our 4 young kids. We had an Interstate view and the noise was extremely minimal. After much begging on previous trips, we finally got to use the indoor pool downstairs (complete with indoor waterfall and jacuzzi).

We even opted to use the Kid's Quest children's care. The kids have actually constantly bugged us for them to be dropped off at Kid's Quest to play. The Kid's Quest area is half arcade (with prizes for tickets) and half day care. The day care has a miniature basketball court, a jungle gym, some video games, and even an iPad station with about 3 or 4 iPads with children's apps. The place looks like kid heaven and my kids loved it.

I would say the only thing the hotel does not have is room service. We were a bit bummed about this because when we stay in hotels the kids love having their breakfast brought to the room in the morning. It was not a big thing though because there are 3 restaurants and a buffet downstairs. There is also a Dairy Queen in the gas station in the parking lot.

Overall, it is a good place to stay at for adults and kids.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Frances D
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Great place! Beds and provided pillows were very comfortable, awesome shower water pressure, room refrigerator. Awesome exercise room, indoor pool and very child friendly activities! Just so many positives to list. The only negative was the payout on the slot machines which indicate a 80% payout or better. Not the case at all! The biggest jackpot we saw there all night was $5.00. The buffet though was divine and although you only get a $2.00 discount the food selections offered far surpassed what we paid. A buffet very similar to the famed awesome buffet at the Rio Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas. I finally got to try Churassco Beef with Chimichuri sauce. Very tasty, very tasty. The fried chicken actually tasted like shake and bake (very good) and was not greasy. The food choices were numerous and well made and the desert bar. Well it was just divine. $99.00 a night for a family is great! Unlike other casinos I visited in Albuquerque or Ruidoso and the stay there is very over priced! Kudos to the Pueblo Laguna native American's for a job well done! The place was sold out! The other overpriced stay casinos have a lesson to learn from them. regarding all facets of hospitality!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family