“Decent food, but overpriced”
Review of Mykonos Cafe

Mykonos Cafe
Ranked #266 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Juan Tabo Blvd NE
albuquerque
“Decent food, but overpriced”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Mykonos is reliable, but we have never been super impressed. Its OK for the occasional family outing, but never our first choice.

Visited August 2012

Albuquerque, NM
“Great Food, Great Service and Very Accomodating”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I have been eating at Mykonos for years and the service has always been fantastic and the food is outstanding. About 6 weeks ago we ate at Mykonos but this time we brought my wife's service dog. I let the person taking reservations that we would be bringing a service dog and that my wife is in a wheelchair. They let us know that it would not be a problem. We went and once again the food and staff were incredible. We decided to eat there again last night (9/22/12) and once again when making reservations I let the person know that we would be bringing a service dog. Again we were told "not a problem". We arrived and they were actually waiting for us. We were given the same table we had previously and we were told that the whole staff was waiting for our arrival. The staff made us feel welcome as if we were home. And the food.....was absolutely delicious. Thanks to everyone at Mykonos.

• Visited September 2012
Mexico
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've eaten at Mykonos several times, and it is consistently good. Food is prepared when ordered, so it is definitely not a fast-food restaurant. The green beans are scrumptious, and the cod is flaky and wonderful. Really, I've not had anything other than delicious food at Mykonos. The service has been a bit spotty at times, but . . . it's worth the wait. Live music, campy light fixtures and fans. Just a nice, fun place to dine.

I wish they had a menu for large carry-out orders. Bulk food orders. I entertained ten people at home with food from Mykonos, and I had to order individual meals. It ended up being quite expensive to do it that way, and I won't do it again.

• Visited August 2012
New Mexico
“My Favorite Albuquerque Restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whenever my wife and I begin reminiscing about our 2002 trip to Greece and the fascinating Cyclades Islands, we drive down to the Mykonos Cafe and Taverna with its brilliant blue and white interior decorations, so typical of the structures on the island for which this eatery is named. This remembrance whets our appetite for the cafe's authentic Greek cuisine; chicken, rice & lemon soup (avgolemono), stuffed grape leaves (dolmades), macaroni, hamburger and cheese casserole (pastichio), or the perfectly prepared lamb shanks (arni kokinisto). If you still have room for dessert, there is the secret recipe rice pudding (risogalo) or traditional greek pastry of walnuts and filo topped with a honey-lemon syrup (baklava). Of course, there are numerous other offerings including pasta and vegetarian selections, but the dishes I've listed represent some of our favorites.
We've been consistent customers for the past ten years and have never been disappointed with the preparation of our meal selections.

• Visited May 2012
New Mexico
“You Got To Love Greek”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

No matter what your nationality, it's fun to try something different than Chinese, Italian, Mexican or burgers in Albuquerque. We love the Greek salad and Gyros sandwich - authentic atmosphere and very reasonable prices.

Visited March 2012