“Modern, popular and pleasing”

The Grove Cafe & Market
Ranked #6 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Description: The Grove Café & Market is East Downtown’s artisan breakfast and lunch café. Enjoy an abundance of fine foods and culinary treats while sipping specialty coffee, tea and wines on our spacious outdoor patio. Sunday Brunch specials highlighting seasonal ingredients, salads featuring local and organic produce, housemade english muffins and signature cupcakes…the grove is here for your everyday cravings.
Denver, Colorado
“Modern, popular and pleasing”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Grove is a clean, modern café that is very tastefully decorated and has a nice covered outdoor eating area. It is very popular with the UNM students and local professionals, wait until 1:30 pm to avoid the lunch rush. Otherwise be prepared to wait in line and endure the noise. I had the Grove Italian sandwich which was tasty and not too big. It came with a very small side salad of peas, white beans and radishes that was just okay. There is not much of a 'market' to speak of, just a few coolers where you can grab a prepared salad or sandwich and drinks to go. I do not think this place deserves to be rated the best in Albuquerque, perhaps it is popular because it is new. You will get good food here but don't expect to be blown away.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“FOOD WONDERFUL, FLIES BAD”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went to this restaurant on 7/31. Around 10:00 AM. Not too crowded; probably a good time to go if your not working. Busy, but line wait was minimal. Like the rest of the viewers that rated this restaurant - the food was wonderful (although they could be better at poaching eggs - I like them barely done - one was "hard boiled" and other was almost "hard boiled" also). So make sure you tell them how you want those poached eggs cooked!!!! I did not complain because they were starting to get "lunchtime" busy and everything else was wonderful. My roommate had the burrito and it was excellent as was our side of bacon. However, the flies as other raters have mentioned are a real nuisance and REALLY need to be dealt with. We got so tired of shooooing flies off our food that we finally just left. We asked for a box for what we had not eaten. We were sitting inside - can't imagine how bad they would be on an otherwise very nice patio. Must mention that their English Muffins were as wonderful as everyone said. We brought home a loaf of Olive Bread (yum) and the jelly served with the English Muffin was to die for. Also, the salsa that came with the burrito, was fresh, homemade and way perfect!!!!! And, must mention the coffee: Best we have had in Albuquerque. Will return if we feel like sharing our table with flies; hard not to go back the food and coffee being so good.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, far too many flies”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Grove at Sunday lunch time. Expected it to be busy and it certainly was. Queued for about 20 minutes, ordered and then went to find a table. It's a slightly haphazard system, I suppose, but the young lad running the seating plan was doing a good job so I can't really complain. The food came in reasonable time and was tasty all round. I had the beef sandwich and my wife had the salmon breakfast muffin. Both meals were nicely presented with good sides (salad with the salmon, a pea and bean salad with the beef). The ingredients were obviously high quality and very fresh indeed. There were, however, a LOT of flies inside the restaurant, buzzing around all over the place. A lot of people are not bothered about having flies around their food, but I most certainly am. Therefore I cannot give higher than 3 stars, despite the good food. They need to do something about the issue - even just getting one of those 'zapper' machines would help.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank stratnumberone
Gilbert, Arizona
“Amazing Menu, Amazing food”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I ate at The Grove for the first time today and was very impressed with the menu, and the atmosphere. It has a natural and fresh vibe and I could tell the owners take their time with the menu. The menu is based on local fresh food and availability. I had the Chopped salad with house made ranch. It was fresh and crisp to the last bite. I wanted to order one of everything on the menu just to try it but I ran out of time. I highly recommend eating at The Grove.

Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Great place for yummy food you can feel good about. We went with a group of 6 for Saturday brunch. I had the egg white frittata which was so so good (wish it had been twice the size!) and my boyfriend (who has Celiac) had a sandwich on gf bread. He loved his sandwich, which is a big deal since he's not only gf but also has very high standards. The place is also very pretty. Lots of windows and light. Will definitely return soon!