“Awesome!”

Sandia Peak Tramway
Ranked #1 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's longest aerial tram ride takes visitors 2.7 miles to the 10,000-foot peak of the Sandia Mountains.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great view and the conductor John was awesome! Wish the ground wasn't so icy but what do you expect in February

Write a ReviewReviews (5,741)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Wonderful views & it's much cooler at the top. There's a bar at the top so you can have a nice Irish Coffee & sit back with the beautiful views. On the morning of our visit, I recieved a phone call to inform me that my younger downs syndrome brother had suddenly died of a massive heart attack. We thought about trying to book an earlier flight out but my husband thought it would be theraputic for me to take a trip to the top of the peak to honor my brother's memory. And...he was right. We released baloons at the top & that helped to start the grieving process. Sandia Peak will always be a special place in my heart.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

For twenty dollars you get a round trip ride on the world's longest tram. The views are spectacular. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. At the top we had some hot cocoa and walked the decks. The ski lifts were not running. If it had been April or May, we would have hiked back down. This is a must do in Albuquerque!

1  Thank Chouette222
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

this location is absolutely breathtaking beautiful. you will not find any better rock formations then here. the tram ride takes about an hour however it is so worth it. every year that we come to Albuquerque we make a point to visit the tram ride. Seeing the view every time is worth it!!! It is a must see if you're ever in the area!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went on the Tramway on the recommendation of our hotel manager. It is the best $21 spent ($1 parking for our vehicle and $20 per person for the Tramway).

Our flight operator was very informative and highlighted different sites as we ascended the mountain, including the various canyons, natural landmarks, and the wreckage of a tragic plan crash decades ago. In the tram, there are not any bad views from any direction, but it seems that most of the landmarks, etc. are on the left side of the car (ascending; right side descending).

At the top, there is a visitors center, a restaurant (High Finance), and more spectacular views.

The temperature is much colder at the top (10,000 feet above sea level) and the air is thinner, so be prepared as there are some environmental differences.

Make certain you have your camera will full batteries.

Been to Sandia Peak Tramway? Share your experiences!