“So many snakes...”

American International Rattlesnake Museum
Ranked #23 of 222 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum houses the world's largest collection of different species of live rattlesnakes and aims to correct common reptilian misconceptions.
Timaru, New Zealand
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“So many snakes...”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Being from New Zealand, I am not at all used to snakes. So seeing so many snakes in one place was a little bit freaky.

There was a wide range of rattlesnakes, and the think that impressed me was just how well camouflaged so many of them were. I don't think I would be keen on meeting any of them in the wild, but seeing the camouflaged ones I realised that you would never see them before you stepped on them.

The Museum was informative and worth the visit.

Visited April 2014

Groton, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snakes, snakes, and more snakes”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

With a 5 and 2 year old, how can you resist a museum that features snakes and cool snake memorabilia. I got tons of cool pictures. One rattlesnake was riled up and my oldest was able to watch him rattle his tail. They show a movie about snakes in the wild.
It's not huge, but the price is reasonable and the curator friendly and knowledgeable. It sits in a cute square with lots of restaurants and stores, so you can park and walk around after.
We would go back.

Visited December 2013
The Villages, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A great deal of fun, with learning added….”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After talking my wife into going in (there was an 'eww' factor), we had a wonderful time here. Who knew there were so many different rattlesnakes!!! Many were fairly active, and you could see them up close and personal! We were not there for a live talk, but the videos were very interesting. Worth a trip in! (My wife liked it so much, she bought a T-shirt)

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A lot of snakes”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My 11 yo would give this 5 stars, but it smelled bad. There were a lot of snakes, many rattlers. Some interesting facts. A couple videos that fascinated my son too.

Albuquerque
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“If you like snakes go for it.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Snake lovers will enjoy the displays and if you are a family member who does not like snakes step outside and shop in one of the many OLD Town Shops

Visited February 2014