“We had a great time!”

American International Rattlesnake Museum
Ranked #20 of 222 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum houses the world's largest collection of different species of live rattlesnakes and aims to correct common reptilian misconceptions.
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My son is an absolute snake nut. He loves all types of reptiles, but snakes are his favorites. The owner was very friendly and knowledgeable. He tolerated all my son's questions. There are many types of snakes, as well as tarantulas, a gila monster, and a scorpion. If you enjoy reptiles, you'll like it.

Visited June 2013

Montgomery
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Cute Museum”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived before it had opened for the day, so we were able to walk around Old Town. We also saw outside this museum an open area, that they had all different live turtles, which was cool to see.

The museum itself was cute. There were many snakes, spiders, and other creatures from this area in glass boxes, some looked to be a little small for the living being inside of it. But the movie was interesting, and the staff was friendly and helpful, so all in all this was a great place to stop for the morning, before heading out of the area.

Visited May 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My Daughter Wanted To Go”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Eh- it's fine if you want to see rattlesnakes behind glass along with a few other indigenous critters from the area. I've seen five-foot rattlesnakes outside where I live and tarantulas, king snakes and bull snakes so it's not a big deal. I don't generally like zoos anyway. But my daughter lives in another area so I don't think she's ever seen a rattler in the wild.

Visited November 2012
Wakefield, MA
260 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 479 helpful votes
“Small Museum with Lots of Snakes”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love snakes so I couldn't wait to go into this museum. The very first snake that you see is the Western Diamondback and it is huge !!!!! There has to be close to 20 different rattlesnakes to see. There is also a Scorpion, a Black Widow Spider, and a Gila Monster. There are a couple of documentaries on different snakes showing throughout the museum. I saw one on giant Anacondas. It was really good. Throughout the museum you will see snake memorabilia such as bottles of Snake Oil. There is also a gift shop. The entrance fee is only $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children and each person receives a certificate of Bravery.

The museum was a lot of fun and very educational. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Visited April 2013
El Morro, New Mexico, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun and Educational”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The owner of this establishment was very amusing and has great knowledge of rattlesnakes. My family and I go at least twice a year!

Visited April 2013