“Good Place to stay”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This place is nice and quiet and very close to the airport right next to the car rental places. Breakfast was decent with toast, fruits etc. If you needed something other than what's on the menu you can order for a price. Rooms were clean and the pictures were accurate. Wifi internet was accessible and they had a big flat screen tv.

I will recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Rooms more than ok, good arrangements for breakfast and dinner

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We liked the look of the hotel and rooms, so we booked a room for our family of 6 for 2 nights. Our stay was just OK. Towels by the pool were used. Free continental breakfast was crowded and unorganized. Food was available for purchase, but was expensive. No vending machines. Glasses in room were not replaced the next day. There was absolutely no channels for children to watch on TV - unless we wanted to pay $14.99 for an on demand movie or $2.99 for a 23 min. disney show. We probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Staff was very helpful and courteous. Rooms are large and have everything you need. We were picked up within 5 minutes of returning our rental car. We were told they would take us anywhere within a 5 mile radius and pick us up when we were ready to return - that included Nob Hill. They recommended a wonderful restaurant in Nob Hill. It was all that they said and more. They called on time for my wake up call. All this for a very low price. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2010

This was a great hotel for our 2 families. First they put us across from each other which was great. They gave us really good options and directions for eating out. The rooms were very spacious and the huge sectional type sofa was great to spread out on with 3 kids. Many people have stated about how hard the hotel was to find, but not for us. We had mapquest directions that took us right to the front door. We also used our GPS and it took us right to the front door. So just be prepared before hand it finding it will be a cinch. Even though it was at the airport, I never heard one airplane once we were in the room. My only complaint is the mattress. It felt like it had a sinkhole in the middle which made me keep rolling toward the middle. When I tried to readjust toward the outside, it felt like I was sleeping on a bunch of crushed cardboard boxes. My husband didn't complain, so maybe it was just me (then again, he's a heavy sleeper.). Breakfast was a simple continental breakfast, but it filled us up. In a nutshell, this is a wonderful hotel that is simple and yet had everything we needed and more. For a midpriced hotel ($70 - $100) it is an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I usually don't write reviews but I took the extra effort to tell people just how bad this hotel was. The rooms are filthy, clean at first glance but if you look closely there is years of grime and scum built up along the skirting and in the carpets. The bathtub/shower was visibly disgusting, so be prepared to bring a pair of flip flops.

The service unfortunately even shadowed the disgusting rooms. There was no dvd player for the kids, although the room have an absolutely massive flat screen tv. When I went to ask at front desk they told me they would sell me cables to hook my computer to the tv so we could watch dvds for $10.00.

It says breakfast is included but you better like cereal & toast because thats as far as it extends. muffins are like $2+ and eggs etc. starts at $7 extra. During breakfast things constantly ran out including glasses for juice. when we asked for more glasses the lady told us she would get more when she was "ready".

Location is right next to the airport so convenient in that sense, and the wifi is free and fast.

overall I would NEVER EVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pj1989jr
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Rooms are roomy. Huge flat screen TV, sofa with ottoman, desk with chair, refrigerator and 2 sinks, nice size bathroom.
They don't have room service, but food is available to order via a kiosk. Downstairs at the desk, they have sandwiches, cookies, muffins and sodas for sale.
The shuttle will take you to the airport, and also the baseball stadium if you like.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple