“pleasant stay”

Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Brighton, Colorado, United States
“pleasant stay”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property while investigating University of New Mexico. The hotel is right off i25 and was about ten minutes from campus. It's not in the center of things, so you will have to drive a bit to find food and shopping, but is very close to the airport. The breakfast was good, offering a nice variety of cold and hot foods. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The heat in our first room was not working so they quickly moved us to another room across the hall. Additionally I needed a map of campus and they printed one off for me. The room is pleasant and clean, and the atmosphere of the hotel is homey. We did eat from the galley upon arrival, the food is overpriced and microwaved, but if you don't want to drive it will work. We would definitely stay here again. The helpful staff alone is worth it.

Room Tip: The 6th floor was quiet and the elevator was fairly fast
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been to ABQ seven times and have stayed downtown, uptown and at the airport. If you have a car and don't mind driving around to experience the city, the Hyatt Place at the Airport is for you. If you want to spend a bit more to be in the center of a fabulous area, the Hyatt Place uptown is for you. With Hyatt Place, you can't lose. You get a generous room with breakfast. You can even order food in the lobby. I have stayed at Hyatt Place all across the US and it is my favorite hotel because it feels like home. The only negative about the Airport was that I had a little difficulty finding the correct exit. Once you learn that the hotel is on University Ave, you'll enjoy a comfortable stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I have travelled to Albuquerque 5 times in the last year and have stayed here 3 of those times. Each time I have been impressed with this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast is great and stays of 4 nights does not create the feeling of monotony. They have staples each day, but they also rotate the "main course" at breakfast.
Beds are comfortable and each time we've been there, it has been quiet.
We were also lucky, on this last trip, to catch a large discount for prepaying the stay.
All in all, this is our "go to" hotel when in Albuquerque. We'll be back there in a couple of months and we're looking forward to staying at the Hyatt Place Airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove to Albuquerque for a weekend getaway. I chose The Hyatt Place due to its good reviews, good deal I received on Southwest Airlines website and its location . We were not dissapointed. We arrived late on a Friday night . The staff was friendly and prompt. Our room was nice and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel does have a small bar located next to the front desk.Unfortunately they stop serving alcohol at 11 pm and only serves beer and wine. The hotel does have 24/7 food service and the prices are quite reasonable. There is a free breakfast served every morning which is good.Overall I would stay at the Hyatt Place again. Once again the staff was very professional and courteous.

• Stayed November 2013
Lexington, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I enjoyed my 5 night stay at this hotel. The rooms, lobby and exercise room were all clean (meeting my expectations). The shuttle drivers are amazingly punctual and friendly- taking guests to and from various locations within a five mile radius!

After I returned, I received an email asking for my feedback. I did mention a small issue and the manager contacted me immediatelyl!

I have always been a fan of the Hyatt brand and will continue to be a loyal customer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown and/or the mountains
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Although not everything was perfect, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was so warm, friendly, and helpful and that makes such a difference. They responded quickly and effectively to our requests. Very convenient shuttle service to airport and nearby locations. Very nice room. My friend who travels a lot remarked on how comfortable the bed matress was, and I agreed. Clean room, with a nice sitting area, a big screen TV (which we never turned on), a great shower, a nice view out the window. A decent breakfast bar. All for a reasonable price. We did not notice any airport noise.

Room Tip: We had a nice view without asking. Not sure what other rooms looked out at, so you might want to ask...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We selected this property for airport proximity to catch an early morning flight. The room was spacious and well appointed. We weren't excited about the cafe menu, and asked the desk clerk for a recommendation. She asked what type of cuisine, and for our last night in New Mexico we wanted Mexican food.
Her referral to Cervantes was great, good food, easy to find thanks to her good directions, and a nice atmosphere.
Our only regret was we only had one night at this superior hotel.

Room Tip: We requested a high floor away from the elevator, got a very quiet room which we appreciated.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple