“Just ok”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for kids basketball tournament. The hotel staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were fine but could use a little updating. The breakfast was horrible. I had toast so was ok with that, but the hot breakfast was not edible. Appears they are trying something new with the breakfast, not a good idea this time. The hotel is basically in the airport so for that type of travel extremely nice, but not a good area of town in my opinion if you aren't flying. We had to get the interstate to go find food from restaurant we felt comfortable with. Very close to interstate though so easy for travel. With little updating and fixing the breakfast the hotel would be great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport. We appreciate your comments and rely on such statements to improve our hotel and our service on a daily basis.
We am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our new breakfast offerings; as you stated, we are currently in the trial stages of a new weekend breakfast, and I regret that you did not enjoy our new service. Please know that we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to customize and perfect our new breakfast.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope you are willing to give us another try in the future.
Kind Regards,
Chad A., Assistant General Manager
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place ABQ Airport for one night at the end of our NM girlfriend getaway. We still had our rental car when we checked in but we were told by the hotel staff that if we wanted to return the rental car they would gladly come with their shuttle to pick us up, which we did. We overheard one of the staff at check in say the hotel was fully booked. Even though they were booked solid we felt we received very personable service and they were quite accommodating. Their free shuttle service would even take you to within a 5 mile radius! We opted to have pizza delivered from a local place right to our room. We enjoyed the substantial complimentary breakfast in the AM before the shuttle took us to the airport. All in all a great deal for a quality airport hotel!

Room Tip: There was no "room service" per se but the front desk gal hand delivered a sandwich we ord...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GVgolfer2aces
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First - I felt good about my decision to stay at Hyatt Place. It was convenient to the airport which meant a lot flying in tired. Check in was easy and parking spacious as was the room. I loved the hi-tech easy TV system. Great pillows and comfortable bed. I was disappointed in how very small the bathroom was but it was clean. It was good for the price. I liked having the lounge downstairs. The only drawbacks were no info in the room and nothing was posted in the lobby. No info was given at check regarding any amenities or times. At the time I just wanted to get to the room. Not having any info meant figuring a lot out by trial and error. I'd still return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before several years ago and it was great!. But this weekend I was a bit disappointed, it needs a little updating and a good cleaning. That being said I would stay here again, it was not a deal breaker. Being Memorial Day weekend it was completely packed and breakfast was such a mad house we decided to go elsewhere to eat. The staff was always very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I really like Hyatt Place. They have comfortable rooms, big TV's, and a restaurant/bar, unlike many of the other efficiency hotels from the name brand companies.
And this was almost the rule. A little dirty in spots and could use some cleaning/updating, but all in all very good.
However, if you are going to have a policy at your bar about when you close (I believe it was 10pm, maybe 11pm, not sure as I was on multiple location schedule), please post the policy. I spoke with the staff handling bar (it is also the front desk staff, which is fine and efficient) and said I would be back down in a few minutes to have a wine. When I returned a few minutes (10-15 max) later I was refused and told it is the policy of Hyatt to close bar at certain hour, no exceptions. That is all fine, but post it so we know. You get Very Good rating for the overall concept of the properties, but I actually think an Average might have been closer on this one. It is close and since the staff, in general, was quite nice I kept it as a Very Good, but watch this one, as it could slip...they do need a good thorough cleaning/partial renovation in the next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our amenities and our hotel in general, and we appreciate you letting us know how we can serve you better. I apologize that our staff did not properly explain our bar hours to you; please know that I will address this issue with our staff this afternoon so that we can be more forthcoming with our future guests. We hope we can be of service to you again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Chad Adcox, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'll start by saying I'm a Hyatt Platinum, soon to be Diamond member, and I love the Hyatt Place hotels. They're a great value, and they're a step above your traditional "business" style hotels. I booked this hotel last minute for my mother and I to visit family. I booked the rate that included a $25 food credit, and I planned on using all of it. My mother checked in earlier in the day, and went about her plans. I came straight from Vancouver, BC the same day via DFW, so I just wanted to relax before our visits the next day.

I arrived at the airport, and I called the hotel to send the shuttle to the airport. It seemed as though it took quite a while, as the hotel is extremely close to the airport. About 25 minutes later, the shuttle arrived, and I was on my way. I checked in, and went up the room. I ordered a chicken quesadilla and a caesar salad. The quesadilla came without chicken! But they were very prompt in preparing me another one at no charge of course. I'm not sure picky about these kinds of things. They're more humorous to me than anything.

Oh, also, when I told my shuttle driver I was a music producer, he rapped for the next minute or so... That was a mistake on my part, but a humorous twist in my day.

All in all, if you need a place to stay near the airport that has a shuttle, go for it! Also, the Hyatt Place has probably the best free breakfast of the "business" hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and we thank you for leaving comments regarding the level of servive you received. Please know that we take these comments seriously as we train our associates and that we rely on comments such as yours to give us an idea of how our staff is treating our guests. I will personally be following up the issues that you had with the shuttle and with our food service. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to get the chance to serve you again in the future.
Kind Regards, Chad Adcox, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here overnight before catching an early flight out. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service at check in first rate. The breakfast is bountiful. The drivers of the van were very cordial.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom F
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to fill out our review. We are pleased to see we acheived 5 stars from your most recent stay and we are glad that you enjoyed our staff as well as our A.M. Skillet breakfast. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future here at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport.
Kind Regards, Chad Adcox, Asst. General Manager