“Expected more”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place hotel - I did expect more the lobby was very nice and the staff was great.. The room had a huge tv which was nice. The bed however was not good at all, something that you would find in a lowerend hotel.. I want confort when I travel and I really had expected more from this hote.,

Over all it was ok not great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent one night at the hotel: the room was clean, but the beds were really uncomfortable and there was no way to fix the temperature in the room. Instead, the breakfast was nice and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sarutis
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel was clean and modern, and the staff was beyond friendly. The rooms were comfortable and fancy. The lobby had 24 hour access to food and snacks. The complimentary breakfast was amazing! The food was fresh and plentiful, and the breakfast sandwiches were made right in front of you. I was sorry we only stayed one night and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed November 23, 2012

After two nights fighting elevation sickness in Santa Fe, we made the decision to recover in Albuquerque. This is our second time to a Hyatt Place establishment, and both have exceeded our expectations for a mid priced hotel.
The square footage of the rooms is larger than we usually get, and the layout is excellent with both a sitting area and a sleeping area. The hotel was spotless, the price was great, and it came with a continental breakfast which included hot sandwiches (egg, sausage, cheese).
Even though the building is right next to the airport, we never heard any outside noise. Also, being near the airport, it is easy to navigate to anywhere we wanted to drive.
In future travels, I will look for Hyatt Place. The quality and price fit our style of travel.

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views of the Albuquerque valley.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck P
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was worried about this Hyatt Place as it was outside the city of Albuquerque and close to the airport. Would it be too noisy? Would it be hard to get around? I didn't have to worry. Planes apparently do not fly at night and it's right off the I-25 freeway and 10 minutes drive to the main Plaza in Albuquerque.

As far as amenities -- it has the standard Hyatt Place features: Free continental breakfast, free wifi, sofa-bed in the rooms (so it fits 5 easily), fitness center, Portico toiletries, Aquafresh toothpaste and toothbrushes on request, food service menu for lunch/dinner and free airport shuttle and free parking.

For breakfast, it featured ready-made egg/ham/muffin that was warmed up. The oatmeal bar also featured dried apples, cranberries and raisins -- something that you don't see very often. And I didn't find at the Hyatt Santa Fe. That plus the sofa-bed which meant my kids didn't have to share a bed made this special.

Windows don't open, and only double beds were available (not queen beds) which is par for the course. The food was pretty good and it was nice to be able to hang out in the lobby which had a "homey" feeling. Hotel was built 2-3 years ago so all the furnishings are still "new".

All in all, this Hyatt Place met my expectations and would recommend this to large families with rental car who don't mind driving a little to visit places downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here two nights in October 2012, and I had a nice experience. Location-wise, the hotel is about as close to the airport as you can get without being on airport grounds. Parking is free. There's not a ton immediately around the hotel, so if you want to go to restaurants, etc., I would recommend renting a car.

The room was the typical Hyatt Place room -- just like all of the other properties. My room was clean and comfortable. The TVs at Hyatt Place are large, which is nice, and the internet (free) was speedy.

Kudos to this property on outstanding service. I arrived, and the guy who checked me in was extremely nice and worked quickly. I was put in a room that met my preferences that I have on-file with Hyatt. During my stay, I worked in the lobby for a few hours and enjoyed dinner and a couple of beers there. The service in the lobby was superb. The food was also good -- the chain has recently updated its all-day dining options, and many of the new menu items were appealing.

Recommended!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brmusicman
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderful accomodations! This hotel is grand for the price. The rooms are clean, check in and check out can be done via a loby kiosk! Great place to stay-a little confusing to get to once you exit but use the directions on Mapquest and you will be fine!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family