“Great pool”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family was passing through Albuquerque and we booked a night here. The family had a great time in the clean, outdoor pool. Most of the staff was friendly. Breakfast ends at 9:30... Don't be late. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Purple1990

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed there as a final summer get away with the family. Not typically a Hyatt customer, but this was sort of a treat so we stayed here to try it out and the rate was reasonable ($80.00/nt.) Entrance to hotel is literally on the road to the airport, but as said before, even with planes flying nearby (commercial and military) we didn't hear any of it from our room. Plenty of free parking, lobby was nice and whole property was clean and maintained. There was a family ahead of us but anotehr staff member came to asist us when she saw we were waiting. I had booked a king bed room but upon asking, the staff member easily moved us to a double bed room.

Lobby is pretty nicely decorated, with snack bar and grab and go right next to the check in stand. Dining area was right next to check in area. Elevators were immedaitely behind the desk...there are two and these were the two oldest things I could tell about hotel.

Room was very nice sized...we loved the cozy corner. Kids really loved the 42" TV. refrigerator was handy. Sink area was in the bed area and bathroom was behind it's own door...if anything, this was the only thing I can say was inconvenient...small bathroom. Otherwise our room was clean, quiet spacious and comfortable. Beds were great to sleep on.

Kids used the pool...nothing out of the ordinary and towels were provided. Didn't use the internet or fitness room.

Breakfast was a convenience, but not necessarily extraordinary. Liked the sanwiches and pancakes, but would have loved make your own waffles. Same basic b'fast two days we were there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed one night prior to catching an earlier flight out of ABQ. From the minute I walked in the door, the place was filthy. Teenagers running wild screaming in the lobby. Very run down. I was shocked. This isn't what you would expect from a Hyatt product. I was given a room on the 6th floor. The room was old, wreaked of cigarette smoke, furniture was filthy, noisy ac, broken tile in tub area, black mold - disgusting. Iron did not work, ironing board dirty. I found out this place is an old AmericSuites. It has not been kept up. There is a Hilton Homewood Suites next door which looked very nice. I should have checked out and gone there. This place was awful. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Had a terrific two-night stay here, and will definitely go back when we visit Albuquerque again. The staff was genuinely friendly and caring - for example, we had a 6 AM flight and the breakfast attendant came in early to make us sandwiches to take on the plane!
The room was large clean and bright (except the bathroom), and the bedding and pillows were super. The primary complaint we had was with the TV cable system which seemed to date from the '90s - an impossible to use initial menu, followed up with no program listings, just channel names, and a VERY limited array of channels to boot. Try to find Olympic coverage with that system. Update please!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Now wait, I know it's by the airport....but you don't even hear the planes!
We really like the Hyatt chain, and the Hyatt Place hotels are always neat, clean, great beds with lots of pillows. (even an extra in the closet if you need it)
we also like their free breakfast, and not just juice and bagels. You can get "real" food. My husband and I think it's a great deal, and we love Albuquerque.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Modern, clean and spacious with a large and comfortable lounge in each room, this is the perfect place if needing to be near the airport. My only criticism is that the brakfast coffee is weaker than tea and the breakfast bar is very processed food oriented. All in all a great little place though. Just skip the free breakfast and buy a latte instead.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I looked at online reviews and made a call to the hotel to see if there was a business, senior, etc. discount. I said I wanted 1 room, 1 person, 1 bed. Had to repeat it 3 more times, not because the person couldn't hear, but because they weren't listening. The very best price they gave me was $9,00/night than what was listed on their web page. When I pointed this out, the staff said, "Oh, I thought you wanted a room for 2 people with 2 beds." Bad form all around.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo