“Good for kds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Good for kds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Good place to stay specially for kids, it has a water slide that kids love. Hotel is clean, overall service is very good and breakfast is excellent. Isa very near shopping mall, apple store and tons of italian restaurants. I was told it was not a very safe place because of some apartments on the back but I have been there 4 times and never experienced any problem

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your past experience with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property and so did your family. Our slide is such a great fun attraction for families and the area is perfect due to so many convenient stores and restaurants. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to your return. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cholula, Puebla, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Even though there are many hotels in Albuquerque, satisfying an ample market, this hotel offers a good benefit/cost ratio. It is well located, close to a shopping center and other businesses. The staff is very gentle and they strive to make the guests feel at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. We appreciate you detailing the points in your stay that you enjoyed the most as well as the accommodations. We look forward to your return.
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Friendly staff in every area of the hotel that go out of their way to lend a helping hand to all of your needs. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. I particularly like the all of the extras that the hotel provides including the water slide, business center, and the gym. You are greeted by a great beverage table where you can have your choice of a variety of drinks to suit all tastes. It the little details that impressed me most like the sewing kit available in my room daily. Have repeatedly stayed here during my time in ABQ.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for all of the many fantastic compliments of the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. I am so happy to read about all the accommodations that you enjoyed about our property. We strive to always provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests every time they are here. We look forward to your return and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with a review.
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great place to stay for business or leisure, Interstate 40 very easy access, and a short distance from Interstate 25. Plenty of shopping within just 2-5 blocks and lots of restaurants in a few short blocks walking distance as well. I enjoyed my stay both times in the recent past. Staff is always nice too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback and I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed Every stay you have had with us. Our location is pretty awesome and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stand. We look forward to your return. Thank you again for your review.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Four years ago I cut my “Honored Guest” card in half. Today, I would give this hotel 10 stars if I could. After spending countless nights in Hilton properties I started to see a decline Hilton’s cleanliness, attention to detail and desire to put the customer first. The attributes that once were the hallmark of an exceptional hotel chain, were cut as if Wallmart or the US Postal service had purchased the company. Even the Waldorf Astoria was not what it once was. I told myself I would sleep in my car before booking a Hilton Hotel.

Recently on a commercial shoot, our producer booked the Hilton Garden Inn Uptown located in Albuquerque for our 15 person crew. (I wasn’t working with this project when the rooms were booked or I would have begged to book our team elsewhere) We arrived at 1:15 in the morning, checked in and were on our way to the room in record time. As I rode the elevator to my room, I found myself looking at my check in paperwork to double check that we were really in a Hilton Hotel. Now surprised but still very skeptical I walked into the room and was blown away. Not only did the room smell nice, it was immaculate, new, current and frankly amazing. The bed felt clean, soft and so comfortable, even the room temperature was perfect, not an icebox and not boiling hot, 100 % perfect.

I set my alarm and looked over some of the paperwork that came with my room key. I glanced through a welcome letter from the General Manager, Tracie Jernigan. I never give these documents much attention, but this experience so far had earned my respect so I read on. The letter was nice, in fact I ended up reading it twice. I was impressed that Hilton had promoted a woman to this important position, and started to think old Conrad might have moved into retirement to play golf with the Koch brothers and maybe keep a closer reign on his lovely daughter Paris’s adventures, in music and video stardom. The next morning was very busy with many calls, faxes and emails to work through before I would head downstairs for an 8:15 meeting and breakfast.

Packed and ready I headed downstairs. Walking into the breakfast area I was looking around, surprised at the logical layout and great selection of food. In an instant, I was greeted by a server named Jennifer. Jennifer seems like one of those hard to find people who is always happy, helpful and genuinely kind. I thought maybe I needed more coffee as I felt like this was all a “Punked” or “Candid Camera” kind of video show, why was everyone so nice, not fake, but seriously, genuinely nice?

What do I do now? I promised I would never step foot into a Hilton hotel, and now I am a happy person on my way to work. I stopped by the front desk to see if I could locate the GM and pass along my thanks. At the front desk I met another very nice person named Katie. Katie said it might be a little early, (8:15) but she continued and asked me if I could wait for one minute so she could double check. Literally, one minute later I was face to face with the person who wrote the letter I received when I checked in, General Manager Ms.Tracie Jernigan.

After meeting with Ms. Jernigan you can clearly see why the hotel runs the way it does, like a five star property. Ms. Jernigan was gracious, and listened to every word I said. I could see her seem to exhale when she realized that I was actually passing along positive feedback, it was crystal clear she cared.

My parents always said, “It’s all how the boss is brought up, if they are nice, everyone follows that lead, if they are rude and lack concern for others, well good luck, you will need it”

This is a long drawn out story, but I certainly think that Jennifer, Katie and Ms. Jernigan are part of my success today. I certainly hope Hilton continues this path, and wisely makes sure they appreciate these hard workers, as Jennifer, Katie and Ms. Jernigan certainly could be used as benchmarks for great team leaders.

Room Tip: From what our 15 member crew say, all the rooms were fantastic
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this very detailed and amazing review regarding your past experience with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. At this property, I believe we have so many attributes that set us apart form other Hilton hotels out there. And I am not just saying that, because I work here, but because of the feedback we receive. We strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests, each and every time. Your story that you shared about your past experiences and completely putting Hilton out of your life is powerful. I am sure I read your review at least 3 times! As the Guest Services Manager, these are the types of things I enjoy hearing because we like to use every experience as a learning lesson. And even though your bad experiences were not with us, we can now say "Hey, we brought one back into the light!" :) I have already passed on your kind words to Katie and Jennifer, who honestly said they can remember who you are too! So that is a plus! My General Manager was informed too. I might have taped your review on your door with a few balloons and a "Way to go Boss!!!" She does so much for this hotel and for the staff and I am honored to call her my boss. She does a lot of the "behind" the scenes work and sometimes not a lot of our guests get to see her. But reviews like this help to remind her that we would be nothing without her. We truly look forward to your return here, whether it is with the crew again or just you. Thank you again for your time, and review.
Ft Walton Beach FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special about this property itself. Typical HGI decor, decent bedding and towels, etc. pretty quit as well, considering it's right on the interstate. But, the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping and the restaurant/bar area are extremely accommodating, friendly and warm. I travel 40 weeks a year and the staff here in Albuquerque is second only to the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead in Atlanta in terms of hospitality and going the extra mile.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments regarding our staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. It is always our goal to deliver exceptional service to all of our guests and it is fantastic to hear that our associates were able to provide you with such a memorable experience. I have already shared your review with our staff to remind them that they are what keeps guests returning. Thank you again so much. We look forward to your return.
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The only thing that could be improved is to include a choice of breakfast items that are included in the price of the room or that can be selected at a reasonable price from a menu. Having to pay $12 plus gratuity as the only breakfast choice did not make me happy. That is quite a bit to pay when one does not want all you can eat as the only in hotel choice to begin the day.

Room Tip: A room on the side away from the highway is best...one on the north side I believe it would be..look...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your past stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. The breakfast we offer at our hotel is a Hilton standard, so unfortunately we are not able to offer a lower priced breakfast or separate items. I would recommend getting a room rate that includes breakfast, especially if you have a family with you. It allows you to save a little and I think you will be satisfied that way. Thank you again for your time and review. We truly appreciate your feedback.