“The Best Place in Abuqueque”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“The Best Place in Abuqueque”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our stay was of top Quality. We enjoyed the breakfast.The food was delish, with a great variety to choose from. The hotel staff were wonderful. Our room was fresh and clean with top quality linens. We loved the pool with the slide, so much fun for the kids. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Albuquerque area, you will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback regardin g your stay at the Hlton Garden Inn at Uptown Albuquerque. It is always our goal to deliver exceptional service to all of our guests and it is fantastic to hear that our associates were able to provide you with such a memorable experience. We can't wait to have you back with us and we truly appreciate the recommendation!! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Parker, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

It was a nice hotel and the staff was friendly. However, my door did not lock and I asked 2 times to have it fixed and each time they said it was going to be fixed that day. It was never fixed. So during my stay I had to put chairs in front of the doors.

albuquerque, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Pool with slide nice but if your kids are not 18 yrs old even 14,15,16,17 dont expect to let them go to pool area alone you need to accompany them the whole time also and posted states 14 and under need supervision no its 18 yrs and under

Conroe, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you come to Albuquerque for shopping, this is one of the best choices you could make. Numerous stores are within walking distance, as are several restaurants. One of the unique features of the HGIs is an adjustable mattress that you can inflate or deflate to increase your comfort; there is an adjustment on the side under the sheet and protected by a flap. Like many hotels, the restaurant is expensive -- but the food is well prepared. Several free newspapers are available and a table in the lobby has a stock of hot drinks, water and cookies at all hours of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your past stay with us. I enjoy reading and knowing what guests like and dislike to see how we can improve and how not to change what we offer. Our location is one of our greatest assets and I am happy to see it was something you enjoyed. We look forward to having you back as our guest. Thank you for your review.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Excellent place to stay for relaxation! Checking is easy and friendly. The pool is clean. The exercise room is small but works fine. Just a few steps away from a great Italian restaurant. My room was nice the the king size bed is so comfortable! Close to shopping and I40 interstate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your many wonderful compliments of the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. It is always pleasent to hear about guest's positve experiences. Your feedback is great and we can't wait to have you back!
Cortez, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was in town for a friend's party and I had stayed at this hotel some years previously. As expected my experience was excellent. I was quickly checked in and my room was on the 6th floor and was quiet, as the hotel is next to the freeway. After the party I stayed at the bar for a couple of drinks and the bartender was very friendly and professional. The selection of liquor was excellent as was a locally distilled whiskey. Breakfast was enjoyable as I was greeted by an associate and had the buffet explained to me. He even took my omelet order and brought it to me when cooked. Checkout was a matter of packing the bill, slid under my door early in the morning, in my suitcase and walking out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your many pleasing compliments of the Hilton Garden Inn at Uptown. It always brings us great joy to hear about a guest's postive expereince and it doesn't get much better than the account of your visit. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a satisfied stay a few years ago as well as this time around. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Thank you for your review.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I made reservations at the Hilton Garden on the phone. Evidently the phone reservation attendant made the reservation for a day early. When we showed up, they had no record of the reservation at all. Finally, when they found the reservation it was made a day early and they charged me a "no show" for $86.00. After discussing this at length with the front desk when we arrived, they agreed that it was an error on their part, they charged me for the two days we stayed there (not at the amount I was provided on the phone however - it was $50.00 more!) and I thought it was taken care of. When I received my statement a month later Hilton never took the added charge off. After calling Hilton's front desk, being put on hold four times, I got someone to stick with me and pull up the account. They said they could not issue a credit for the account and I had to dispute this with my credit card company. Needless to say, at every avenue and every turn, this particular hotel's personnel, and perhaps policies, give you the run around and tell you untruths. Any establishment, if they issue you a charge, can also issue you the credit if you are standing in front of them (in fact that's what they told me they did when we were face to face). I feel like they just tried to get more money out of me thinking I would not see the additional charge. I would never stay there again. Most people don't have the time to run around trying to take care of a hotel's errors; not once,not twice, but three times! There are plenty of great hotels to stay in Albuquerque - they will get our business, not Hilton Garden Inn, Uptown!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we're sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We strive to provide the best in service and amenities and apologize again that this wasn't the case. I would like to get in touch with you to talk about the days you did stay with us. I would be delighted to see what happened with the reservation, who at our hotel booked it for you and why we charged the no show fee. I am available Monday-Friday 2p-10pm by phone and everyday through email. The hotel number is 505-944-0300. Thank you for your review, we hope you'll consider antoher stay with us soon.