“Friendly and helpful - excellent handicap room”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed here twice this summer, most recently, 8/2/13. I brought my mother down for her Dr's appts. She has late stage Parkinson's and needs 24/7 care. The staff always helps us with the luggage cart & elevator. At breakfast, they've made sure that my mother has all she wants and help me with keeping her comfortable. All the staff go over and above to assist us.

The room was extremely clean, the adjustable air mattress wonderful, and the handicap space for her wheelchair more than normal ... a very easy bathroom in which to maneuver. There was very good open space in the room for moving the wheelchair. The desk readily accommodated her wheelchair and we were able to use it as a dining table for our take-out dinner. Both times they were able to accommodate my request for being near the elevator.

The hotel is within walking distance of uptown and several restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel has a great location and felt secure. It was very clean. A little more expensive than others in the area. We will check out others and compare next time. Breakfast is not included in the price even if you are an Honors member unless you pay a higher price. Prices quoted over the phone are higher than online but they will come down to that price if you call them on it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I called the hotel to set up an amenity for my husband as he was out of town for our anniversary. I had the pleasure of speaking with the front desk staff, first. They were very pleasant and there was no lack of enthusiam. They directed to me to Alexandria M. who took care of my every need. She made everything seem so effortless and easy. She maintained communication with my preference of email and was extremely hospitable. She even confirmed that my husband did receive his package and only laughed a little when I asked her to write a card starting with Dear Honey Bunny. :) This hotel has lovely individuals in their staff and I look forward to seeing them.

Further, per my husband when he returned home, the room was spacious, clean, and embodied everything he needed for a business man on the go.

Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed at the Uptown Garden Inn for three nights while taking care of business in Albuquerque. The first night we walked down to the indoor pool, we noticed a lifeguard as we peeked in the door (which we thought odd) and then immediately noticed the near-three story waterfall (yay!). After signing a disclaimer, we each enjoyed a few fun rides. It's really a pretty fast slide and the 14 y/o who arrived the second night loved it! We were only booked for two nights but needed to book a third and the front desk person informed me that the state government rate was no longer available and that the room would cost over $60 more per night. I wasn't pleased and the front desk person couldn't have been any more unapologetic about it but I didn't fuss because I needed the room. Turns out, we were charged the same rate as the previous two nights so I can't really complain. The location is what makes this place; it's close to just about everything we needed. I really don't care for the gimmicky adjust-a-beds in the Garden Inns. Alow me to re-state that: I strongly dislike these hard and gimmicky beds and I'll try to remember that before booking at a Garden Inn again! They're about as hard as the hardest bed I've ever slept in and the adjustment doesn't seem to do anything at all except make me feel foolish for thinking it might. We had a fridge and microwave which was useful for leftovers from a couple fo the many good nearby restaurants. The room was clean and the property was clean and well-maintained. About half the front desk staff could have been a little more friendly but the waterslide made up for their pretentious snootyness. The on-site restaurant was okay. I really have no idea why my roommates wanted to eat down there since there were two good Italian joints within easy walking distance but we did. I would have ordered for room service but not for sit-down. Get off the property for something a little more affordable and much better to eat. Climate control worked perfectly and kept the room as cool as we wanted it. The property was nearly booked solid with horse show attendees, many of whom were young, overly excited, overweight and rude little cowgirls who were clearly raised in the same barn as their horses since they didn't know how to wait in line or use their inside voices. There wasn't much the lifeguard could do to keep these girls from blocking progress on the waterslide by grouping at the top and stopping inside the tube near the end. Our 14 y/o ran into one of these young girls hiding in the slide tunnel and got a fat lip after being given the "all-clear" by the lifeguard. Ah, the joys of sharing public spaces with our fellow human animals...

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the opposite side of I-40 to mitigate traffic noise.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were visiting family and this hotel seemed nice and not too far away. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, sumptuous, and comfortable. There was plenty of room for two of us. We were on the top floor and it was very quiet and restful.

We chose a rate that included breakfast each day. If we had paid each day, it would have cost quite a bit more. The breakfast was plentiful and generally tasty. You can order hot food or help yourself to anything from the buffet.

Another plus: Coffee, cocoa, ice water are available all day in the lobby. This station is kept very well stocked--I had decaf in the evening and it tasted quite fresh.

The pool (indoor) is pretty small. It has a water slide, but it is only open certain hours. An attendant made us sign a waiver before we could use the slide. The other times we were there, it was closed. The pool can seem quite crowded if more than 8-10 people are using it. Also seem to have an overchlorination problem.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side--great view of the mountains up toward Santa Fe.
1  Thank su1teseekers3
Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we arrived in Albuquerque, we stayed at a hotel downtown. We moved to this hotel, and it was a much better choice. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was excellent. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel, but there are also several restaurants nearby. It is close to plenty of shopping. The location couldn't have been better for us (right off the freeway.) Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Excellent hotel and a great staff, plus an amazing pool with a huge twisty slide. Family had a great time. good location by interstate and surrounded by nice restaurants and shopping. Easy to get where you need to be.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn