“My family really enjoyed this hotel and front desk staff is great!”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Casa Grande, AZ.
“My family really enjoyed this hotel and front desk staff is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for just one night returning from a trip to Oklahoma. We'd had a terrible room while in OK, so were definetly looking for something more comfy and to pamper ourselves a little bit. Booked adjoining rooms, one with 2 queens and 1 with a king bed. No fancy extras added.

We were thrilled with the rooms once we arrived. Check in was super easy and quick. My mom, who just turned 70, thought she was really in high cotton after seeing the room she would share with my 16 year old son. We opened the inner door so it seemed like a very large suite. Tons of space in both the rooms. Microwave and fridges in both. A large table/desk with a bunch of electrical outlets for plugging in charging devices and computers.

Beds were temper-pedic of something of that sort and SO comfortable. I don't think I moved all night! Bathrooms were not large, but were nice none-the-less. Towels were big, thick, and absorbent.

We went to the front desk and asked the gal working there where a "real" New Mexican restaurant would be that served "real" New Mexican grub. She sent us to a local place that was so good, we all left over stuffed but happy and excited to try something different instead of the standard chain garbage.

Ordered dessert from room service since it was Mother's Day. Two slices of chocolate cake and a slice of cheesecake. The cheesecake was really good, and so was the chocolate cake but my kids didn't like the taste of it becase it had some element of liqueur in it that they weren't expecting (my kids are 21 & 16, and adventurous eaters). However, my mom and I loved the way it tasted. The server that brought our tray up was really funny and nice too.

We decided to eat the full hot breakfast the next morning before we left - except for one who had the continental breakfast. It was so-so, kind of made me wish we'd eaten elsewhere. The cook that we gave our hot orders to acted like someone had a gun to her back she was THAT miserable in her job. The servers were very nice, but I expected better food from a Hilton than what we got.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and we would definietly stay there again if passing through.

Room Tip: If your adventurous in your eating, ask the front desk staff to recommend a good New Mexican cuisine...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CGTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Merrimac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first time to Albuquerque and I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff. At check-in, the staff offered us cold bottled water since it was over 100 deg. Whenever we passed a staff member they wished us a good morning, day, or evening. Pretty nice way to start the day or after a long day traveling.

The site is close to shopping and restaurants. Right next door is Buca di Peppo, Italian restaurant. We had dinner there since we didn't want to get in our car and drive around in the heat. Good choice.

The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. With the heat outside, the temperature control was excellent.

The breakfast cook does a good job on the omelettes. I was a little disappointed with the hot chocolate that we ordered. I got a cup of hot water and a packet of chocolate mix. (I could do this in the room. At IHop, I get whip cream with the hot chocolate.)

The weight room had free weights (5 Lbs to 45 Lbs.) and aerobic equipment. I used the treadmill for an hour and each machine has its own TV and there are headphones available for use. They also have wipes so that you can wipe down the equipment before & after use.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Forget this hotel if it does not have a north-facing room (south facing might as well have you sleeping right on I-40). The north-facing rooms are fine vis-a-vis noise from outside, but the noise from the next room might bug you just as much. The good news is that the rooms are very clean, the whirlpool spa is a nice place to relax (though the whole pool area can be somewhat noisy), and the staff at the hotel is very nice and try to be accommodating. Still, I would probably not stay here again given the paper-thin walls.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel farther away from I-40. If you have your heart set on this one make sure you ge...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BSS9878
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Good location, within short distance of the Coronada and Uptown ABQ shopping areas, access to the I-40 (Junc 162), well maintained parking area and welcome to the hotel. My King size room was huge, spotless, indoor pool pleasant start to the day. Excellent breakfast, good variety of choices, eggs cooked to order, and I give the hotel an extra star for breaking with the general US habit of disposable cups/plates and plastic cutlery, there is proper mugs and cutlery at breakfast and in the room which is what I expect if I'm paying $100 plus for the night. Staff fine, welcoming and pleasant. This is not a four star hotel, but I'm giving it 4 stars because it is just what I need. Definitely recommend and stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank UKDiver2007
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was a great HGI. We had a King Jr Suite & it was fabulous! Breakfast was fantastic, rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly, & it has an indoor pool with a slide. Would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indianamom25
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We like staying at Hilton Garden Inn when visiting family or otherwise traveling. Our overnight stop at this Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque was welcome after a long days drive. We like the free wifi, comfortable beds roomy accomendations associated with Hilton. After trying to get a table several local restaurants on a busy Friday night, we returned to the hotel, determined to grab a quick sandwich diner in the hotel's dining room and make the best of it. My business EXPIRENCE with hotel dining from years past was not always the best. Quite a surprise to find the Hilton dining room fully exceeded our expectations. Both our diners were prepared excellently and promptly served. The room was comfortable and QUIET, unlike the local resturants. We both truly enjoyed our overnight stay here. They DID exceed our expectations!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I booked this hotel because the ammenities listed online included room service. The room service was only available from 5:00 p.m. til 10:00 p.m.
The beds were supposed to be adjustable from hard to soft and neither one would adjust from what felt like the hardest setting. Miserable sleeping and back is just not feeling back to normal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Melanie B