“Great Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Grantsville, WV
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We had a suite. It was very nice. Living room in the front. Bathroom in the middle. Bedroom in the back (very quiet). Had a room safe, which we like. Stayed here 2 nights. The front desk was extremely kind and very friendly. They even called me on my cell phone before we arrived to let us know of hazardous driving conditions on I-40 and that there had been a wreck with fatalities. Nice lobby area with fireplace. Good restaurant beside it. Pedestrian mall within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter. One side overlooks the parking lot; the other side overlooks t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Diego
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stopped here for one night on a road trip from Chicago to San Diego. I was so impressed I want to go back. Our room was spacious, very atrtactive, and extremely well appointed, The made-to-order breakfast was superb. But best of all was the incredible service. I've never seen a staff so smiling, courteous, and eager to help. I would have been elated at twice the price!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MI
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed there Oct. of last year while traveling for pleasure in NM. We liked this hotel for its spacious room as well as its close proximity to a nice shopping center with multiple choices of good restaurants. The staff was also very friendly, and we enjoyed optional breakfast they offered in the restaurant next to lobby. The room rate was also very reasonable for ammenities and location.

Room Tip: Check out the shopping center next door with nice stores and restaurants.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Great hotel! Large clean rooms, huge parking lot that fit our U-Haul and we felt completely safe leaving it outside overnight. Hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. Lots of restaurants nearby. They "couldn't" give us a room overlooking the parking lot with our u-haul by saying that view was full - which seemed odd considering it was a Monday night and the parking lot was pretty empty - but they do have security patrolling the parking lot from 10:00 pm to morning so that made us feel better. Overall, we had a great stay at a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Off the bat...I am biased to HGI because I have stayed at so many across the country and have not yet been disappointed by anything major to date. Good bang for your buck as they say...now to this stay my first at ALB Uptown:

Clean lobby, bar and restaurant areas. Fitness room was clean; I didn't use the pool but saw lots of people using and it looked like they were really loving the slide. From my experience HGI are very kid friendly (mine like staying at them).

Rooms were clean, bathroom as well. One issue with several HGI I have stayed at is the bathroom shower curtains can smell musty. This one did slightly but NOT an issue just pointing that out.

My trip was business;solo pleasure after I finished working. From almost wherever you are in ALB everything is about 10 minutes away (downtown/old town, zoo, museums, airport). Hotel is located conveniently near businesses, restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance.

I read one of the negative reviews about the hotel being near some "seedy"apartment complex and having some things stolen out of a van. Hey, not everyone can live in nice homes with manicured lawns. I don't care where I'm staying, use common sense- DON'T LEAVE VALUABLES/PERSONALS IN YOUR CAR IN PLAIN VIEW!!

I told the front desk staff I had a trailer on the back of my car and asked where would be a good place to park it. They advised me to park in the front of the hotel so that security could see the trailer. Trailer was fine. Be sure to communicate any safety issues or questions with the staff when checking in.

Last but not least the staff. Excellent. Smiles all over, helpful and professional. Stand outs were the front desk and the restaurant/server. I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I like rooms facing the front of the hotel and away from elevators; in this case that might be wise...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
jaguar7777777
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We booked our room 2 months in advance but on arrival we were told it wasn't available (presumably it had been given to someone else), so they chose to give us a room close to the interstate (and when I say 'close' I mean 30yds away). No way were we going to accept that. We asked for a different room, the manageress arrived and was very nice, helpful and polite. We did get a very nice, quiet room - but it just shows you have to complain! The bar (and barman) was very nice and the late meal we had there was quite good. No breakfast in with the deal though. The indoor pool is also pretty good.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room by the highway, unless you're deaf!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had a total of 5 rooms for family attending a wedding in town. We enjoyed the pool's waterslide and hot tub when we weren't attending multiple wedding events. The breakfast was good and the staff was helpful and friendly. I stayed at embassy suites, and 3 hampton's over the previous week, this hotel was way more comfortable and had a much better breakfast. I suggest that hotel's have magnifying mirrors for us old folks, and scales so we could check our bag's weight for the airline.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family