“We asked the Park Ranger what we had to see”
Review of Blue Mesa

Blue Mesa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

And she said if we had to see one thing, it was Blue Mesa. She was right. It's about an 18 mile drive into the park, but it's well worth it. The strata of the mesa was beautiful on the sunny day we went there.

There's a nice path down into the valley below, with the occasional informational signpost. As I said with the Painted Desert, it was a wonderful day, reasonably cool but sunny, and no one was there.

With these views, Americans need to visit our country's parks to understand how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful country.

3  Thank SalfromIL
There are newer reviews for Blue Mesa

Reviewed February 27, 2013

In this national park, the painted desert is a must-see attraction. While you're there, if you have time, definitely visit Blue Mesa. The history of this place is quite intriguing, and I would hike here if I had the chance.

2  Thank Viv1theWanderer
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rocks and sand are absolutely amazingly blue. The hike down in was a little strenuous, but we enjoyed it.

2  Thank Cyn_22_12
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my favorite spot in the entire Petrified Forest/Painted Desert trip. It takes less than an hour to walk through the Blue Mesa loop and is well worth the short hike. Colors of blue are all over this location which was so unreal to me. My photos just didn't do this place justice. My only comment is to be prepared if you have little children as there are some very steep trails but they don't last too long. Loved it!!!

4  Thank jesselodge
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Take this three mile loop drive and you will not be disappointed! The blues and purples are amazing in the hillsides and petrified wood lies on the ground everywhere. Great photo opportunities with many pull outs and a loop trail thru the Blue Mesa.

2  Thank Stacey M