“Great potential, but not executing”
Review of Wabi Sabi

Wabi Sabi
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Petersburg
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The building itself is very cute, decorated nicely. The service was slow from the beginning as our waitress was also the bartender. Ordering the miso soup, it took quite some time to deliver, and sadly it was lukewarm at best. My sushi was good, but my friend's did not taste quite right. I guess we may have to go there for the dollar off martini night, instead of for sushi, as that is what other patrons seemed to be enjoying immensely.

2  Thank KJACR

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Me and our family keep coming back to Wabi Sabi's at least once every few months. On our first visit we stayed in the very front of the restaurant and sat next to the window, it was kind of late but we wanted something eat so sitting by the window was not a concern. I had the salmon which was delicious and my wife had some sushi. My son had some chicken fingers with French fries, so there are options for your whole family.
Later we held a gathering of over 15 family and close friends and had reserved s few tables. The atmosphere was great due to having live music. The drinks and food prices are above average but the food is worth it. They have a down stairs area that has live music and is more of a adult area with drinks and a bar. Give it a try! Its the only place we come to eat in Petersburg!

1  Thank LAMERV20
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went here to grab some drinks with some old college friends, and I couldn't help but notice how unprofessional the management was. Although we got there a little later than we anticipated, they advertised to have music during that time, but then watched the manager practically shoo away the guys that were playing. I used to go here all the time, the food is great, but when places become this disorganized, I can't help but think that they quality of the services being offered are compromised. Not quite what it used to be.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

revisited after a few years,
we first visited shortly after opening, and had a good time, great food, eclectic atmosphere, overall a great place, and a nice visit,
the repeat, was not as good,
same decor, and that's not a bad thing, we really like the look of the restuarant, however the drinks were not good, too sweet for the style ordered. wait staff was a bit rude, did not want to replace the drink, We also had an apetizer, which was not that great. we moved on to another local place

Reviewed May 7, 2013

LOVE the music, the "girls" that run the basement bar and the atmosphere of this place. The sushi is very good- grilled salmon is delightful and the drink menu offers something different to try many times over! Sometimes the host staff can be a bit stuffy but pay them no attention and get down to the basement bar for some fun and music! The duo that plays upstairs on Friday is excellent as well. It's a must visit in Petersburg!

1  Thank gorbysva