All reviews front desk room was clean indoor pool cinnamon rolls fort lee living room would definitely stay here again myrtle beach sausage gravy pancake machine yogurt two queen beds on duty long drive late check cookies halfway point
Reviewed January 8, 2010

This Hotel, ripoff joint, does not and will not honor customer requests for changes in their reservations. I requested to change my reservation due to my wife's illness, and I was told that there was nothing they could do!!! Even though they took my money!!! Tell your friends and family to be careful when dealing with this organization!!! The parent company is no better, they wouldn't help either!!!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Got a good deal on this hotel and it served it's purpose. We were checked in quickly and the room (suite) was quite large and accommodated our family of 6. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was sufficient. Our only issue was a musty smell when we walked in, however this was cleared out after running the AC. The breakfast the following morning was quite nice and had options for all my picky eaters.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family statyed at this Holiday Inn both to and from Myrtle Beach this past week. Both times we had an excellent stay. We used the indoor pool after a long drive and enjoyed a quick breakfast in the morning before the second half of our tip. The rooms were immaculate and the beds soft. Will definately return.

Date of stay: April 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stopped here for one night. We arrived our room was ready. This hotel was quite easy to find right off the I-95. I believe this is one of the better hotels in the area. The staff was very nice at check in. Our room was very clean. After a long drive I took my children to the pool/spa area. The pool was excellent. The spa was excellent. The water would have been 100 degrees at least and the area itself was clean. The best part of the day. I highly recommend this hotel , for anyone traveling. If you are looking for a good spot to eat , right across the street is a restaurant called The Lighthouse. Very good food with good portions and great price. Very homey and excellent staff.
I would definitely stay here again if traveling in this area and I would travel out of my way again to eat at the Lighthouse. Excellent food.

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We recently had to travel to Petersburg for my husband's schooling. I was nervous to find a nice place to stay as I had heard that Petersburg wasn't such a great town... I was very happy to book a room at the HI Express after reading the good reviews online. The hotel appears to be pretty new and everything is very clean and modern. When we arrived we discovered that we had been upgraded to a suite (whoohoo!). The room was clean and spacious (and a great deal!). There was a jacuzzi tub in the room, which was great, but only a few of the jets in the tub actually worked. However, since we had not reserved this particulary room, nor paid extra for it, we did not mind the lack of working jets. The hotel is located right off of the interstate and is a short drive to restaurants and other shopping. The free breakfast was pretty good and had a variety of food. We really enjoyed our stay here and if we return to the area, we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)