Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Quality Inn(Petersburg)
Gateway Inn(Petersburg)
American Inn Motel(Petersburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolroom was cleanfort leesofa bedpancakeswould definitely stay here againsausagequeen suitepancake machinemorning breakfastwe've stayedcookieshalfway pointlate checkstaff was very friendlylate at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The facility was typical for an HIE, clean rooms etc. The counter staff and management need to either take customer service training or a job isolated from the public. I travel at least 3 weeks a month and obviously stay in lots of hotels, in all these years and hundreds of hotels I have never experienced such a pathetic attitude towards the customer. I was not alone last weekend in my experience, several others found the same treatment. From lost laundry to their reservation computer problems the response was the same "It's not my responsibility". It's been 5 days and I still can't get a receipt, the "manager" isn't in (apparently the only person that is allowed to do this) and the ever present "it's not my responsibility". No one from my company will ever stay there again, it was far too frustrating and continues well after we have checked out.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear S H,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel a lot for business, but this hotel has to be one of the best I've visited in a quite a while. Our company rented 3 rooms for a week at this hotel and I must say the staff at this hotel was always friendly and helpful. The value for the rooms was wonderful and having 2 42" televisions in each room was so convenient! I would HIGHLY recommend anyone stay at this hotel! Their basic rooms are amazing and their suites are even better! Their hot breakfast has a variety of options and some of the main entrees change daily. Overall, excellent experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our overnight stay the end of March 2012 turned out to be horrendous. I'd accidentally left behind all of my silver jewelry, earrings & necklaces (accumulatd over the past years). When we arrived home in upstate NY and discovered what happened I called the hotel only to receive the standard answer "nothing was left in room 200 on Mar 29th". I phoned Ivory, the manager and was told the same thing after she checked with the housekeeping staff. She informed me that the cleaning staff was NOT allowed to take their carts into the room therefore presumabaly preventing theft; and that the employee tasked with cleaning said room had been in their employ for quite some time. I'm APPALED at the dishonesty of both the maid and the so-called manager. I am furious that no one cared inought to get to the bottom of my issue. I would recommend anyone to stay as far away from this hotel as possible . This could be you!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank edibleRome_NY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

edibleRome_NY,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 8, 2012

My family and I had a great stay here on our way to FL. The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious for having 5 people stay in it. We will definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank priority_club_trvlr
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I want to commend Ebony, the day manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Petersburg, Fort Lee, Virginia. She arranged for us to use the pool at a time that was convenient for our family. If she had not assisted us, we would have been unable to use the pool because of the time constraints of our visit to Petersburg. This was a highlight of the trip for our grandchildren and made our stay at the hotel extra special. I want the management of this hotel to be aware that you have a special employee who is sensitive to her clients' needs and was willing to go above normal levels of service to respond to our request. In addition, our room was very comfortable and the beds a dream to sleep in. We enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. The entire stay was a pleasure. Jean O'Dell

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family