“If you enjoy soul food, this is the palce!”
Review of The Brickhouse Run

The Brickhouse Run
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
“If you enjoy soul food, this is the palce!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our "usual" stop in Petersburg was closed and we were fortunate enough to stumble across The Brickhouse Run and what a great experience it was! Authentic southern country cooking in a comfortable environment with an exceptionally helpful staff. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal, my only caution is to beware - the portions are HUGE! Be adventurous and give The Brickhouse Run a try, you will not be disappointed.

Germany
“My wife says to avoid the steak...”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Everything else was excellent. The atmosphere of the old, brick establishment is cozy and quaint. The staff was friendly, and the service fast. We started off with the pimento cheese, homemade and delicious. Followed that up with the Sweet Onion bisque, which was almost like dessert. Excellent! For main course, I had the stuffed flounder with roasted potatoes, sugar snaps, and beet butter. Delicious! My wife chose the NY Strip with Manchego Mashers and French Green Beans. She compared the steak to Denny's. It was tough, and somewhat tasteless. Despite this, our dog still enjoyed the remnants. The rest of her meal she very much enjoyed. For dessert we got the Cinnamon Creme Brulee. Very good.
All-in-all we were quite happy. We'll definitely be back again. But next time we'll leave the steaks for Del Frisco's.

Petersburg, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite - consistently good”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pub atmosphere and a great place to meet friends. Wonderful for special occasions. Menu changes and always has a nice variety

1 Thank Edward R
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband, son and I ate there and it was wonderful! The pimento cheese and rarebit were delicious, my son's scotch eggs were to die for. Our main courses were the fish and chips (crispy with great fries), steak frites (great blue cheese sauce for the steak) and the bangers and mash - you can't go wrong with local surry sausage. We split a blueberry bread pudding for dessert and it was divine. We will go back for sure!

2 Thank elaine m
Danbury, Connecticut
“Excellent English Pub”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Brickhouse Run is an English Pub located in the heart of Old Town Pertersburg, VA. It is in a historic pre Civil War building and on a cobble stone narrow street (there is a small parking lot across the street). My wife and I had a light late lunch and enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant as well as our salads. We decided to go back for dinner after church. It was a Saturday night and it was busy but we were seated quickly. It was a fun place with great food and an excellent wait staff. My wife had the brick chicken and I had the fish and chips-both were excellent and we shared a great bread pudding for dessert. If in the area again we will definitely go back. This is a family owned restaurant and the owner, who we met that night, takes great pride in providing great food and service to her customers.

Visited February 2014