“Wonderful Experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My aunt was visiting from Detroit, so I seized the opportunity to find out if all the positive things I'd heard about the Croaker's Spot were true. We went Friday, August 8th. The ambiance was just right; the band was very entertaining; the food was great; and the staff was courteous and professional! The wait was 30 minutes, but seemed faster. We had butterfly fried shrimp, macaroni & cheese, cabbage, and cornbread. Everything was delicious! I cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank LivLaffLuv

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was tasty, good variety, described as "soul food". I had crabcakes and oysters, which were quite good. The portions were very large. I wanted the collard greens (served at the Petersburg restaurant, though not at the Richmond location), but they were already sold out by 7pm. Great caramel cake dessert.

1  Thank D B
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Went there on Sunday Aug 3rd and the candied yams were going to take 30 min. I really wanted them so I ordered a to go and when I ate them later it was terrible. Tasted like they were rushed to cook because they were hard and had no flavor. So was the macaroni and cheese my husband ordered. Not sure if they have a different cook but the food doesn't taste the same at all. Thinking I'll go to the rinkydink for my soulfood.

4  Thank TravellingVA
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Literally, you will have to wait 45 minutes to an hour and a half for a table or less than thirty on a good day. But I promise you, the food is phenomenal! Their cornbread is the best! Huge portions for the value of your dollars. Staff are very accommodating. Live music on certain nights. It's just awesome they brought this restaurant to Old Towne Petersburg. I always recommend this place to people, but of course, I also warn them about the wait time. So make sure if you do try this place, do not come very hungry...you will not last!

1  Thank d_arkitek
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for a birthday party. The service was slow. They were extremely busy. The food was delicious. Loved the potatoes and corn bread. The nacho appetizer was yummy. When we first walked up the steps to go into the restaurant there was a strong garbage odor. They need to move the source be it a trash can or dumpster. Not a good first impression. Otherwise a good place to eat .