“Oh So Good!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I took my grandmother to this "spot" for her 92nd birthday a few months ago. The food was absolutely delicious! Down-home comfort food...which is not something you can find in most restaurants. Not only that, the service was outstanding. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went to the Croakers Spot on a Thursday night. The place was comfortably crowded. Background music was loud enough to be heard, but not overpowering the conversation. Our waiter, Tre', was attentive, professional, and truly enjoyed his work, letting us know he'd been with Croakers Spot for 10 years. Food was excellent! Recommend the Oysters Rockefella, and the fish platter. Cornbread was home made good! Veggies are superb! All in, the tab came to less than $50. Don't even think about NOT going here.....its THAT GOOD!!!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a must if you are in the area. The food was excellent, Huge portions. We had to wait about 30 minutes to get a table but it was well worth the wait. You have to try the cornbread with the homemade syrup and cherries on top !

Reviewed April 22, 2014

One of our classmates suggested to come here for our class dinner and it turned out wonderful. We had a group of 14 and they handled us great and our waiter, Les, was great also. Very attentive and help us with some recommendations off the menu. The food was above par and priced right. I had the shrimp po' boy and tried some of the steamed oysters. Both were excellent.

Croaker's Spot will get a return from me when I am back in the Petersburg area.

1  Thank Zirbes72
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were looking for a restaurant on a Sunday night and Croaker's was the only place we could find open. We are not big seafood eaters and that is a large part of their menu. At any rate we decided to give it a try. I tried a veggie rice dish and it was delicious. Many of their dishes come with a big slice of cornbread pipping hot out of the oven. I love cornbread but I usually have to butter it pretty good. Not this cornbread, it was moist and no butter needed. Best I've ever eaten! The prices here are kind of high but you get your money's worth. It was fun and well worth a night out!

1  Thank terrsall