“Retro and Fun”
Review of Mad Italian

Mad Italian
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The finest in Italian, Greek and American Cuisine. Family owned. Proudly serving for Forty Two years.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to Mad Italian on 9-6-2012 and had a Wonderful time. The staff was super friendly and make you feel at home. The selection of food and wine we ordered were VERY, VERY, DELICIOUS. The atmosphere when you dine at the Mad Italian pasta and steak house makes you feel like you dine in a garden with live plants all around you. Both of us fell in love with the establishment, the food, the service and the fine decor. This restaurant also would be a great place to have a party. We strongly recommend it and will be back as soon as we can.

Kim S

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The nostalgia unfortunately is much better than the food. This was the old high school hangout, and has not been significantly updated in years. I won’t say how many, because surely I can’t be THAT old. I digress.

It was just a bit pricey for basic pasta or sandwiches. And the quality certainly didn’t match the prices. I don’t believe I will be going back.

1  Thank slovaktoo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a greek/italian restaurant. When we asked questions about the food, the waitress couldn't answer. The portions were fairly small. The lasagna was ok but the manicotti was good. Salad was typical iceberg. It was fine.

1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed August 15, 2012

the lasagna was made yesterday and reheathed- and not all the way through either. the service is never very good and the specials have been the same for years.....CHANGE IS GOOD! If I can only come on Thursdays do I have to get the same special....change it up every month or so....gee whiz.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at the holiday inn express right up the road from this place, and the front desk lady told me about it. They gave me a 10 percent discount for staying there, and the service was out of this world. The food was to die for! If you are in Petersburg, you've got to visit the Mad I!