“See Ya Later, Starbucks”
Review of Demolition Coffee

Demolition Coffee
Cuisines: American
Lexington, Kentucky
“See Ya Later, Starbucks”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My mom and I visited here over the weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We came in for breakfast and coffee on a Sunday morning. It seems to be a hot spot for locals to come in for a bit to eat before church or read the paper over coffee. A real coffeehouse vibe...not the kind that Starbucks has tried to create. Bonus: they make designs in the steamed milk of the specialty drinks. Yay! Mom and I both had the waffles with sliced bananas and they were textured, without being mushy. It was certainly not Bisquick. I can't wait to come back with my husband for a breakfast or lunch later this week. This is a great find in our new little burg!!

• Visited January 2013

Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not too hidden but off my regular "beaten path"; located in Old Towne Petersburg, it's not visible from Jeff Davis Hwy, but all that's needed is a turn onto Bank St. Only reason I didn't give it a full 5 is they had no decaf coffee when my hubby and I went for breakfast last Sunday. He wanted unleaded, I wanted fully leaded. Nevertheless, coffee is good, specialty drinks are great and food is just as good. You can go super high in calories or relatively low fat with their menu options. Staff's great too!

• Visited December 2012
Chester, Virginia
“Demolition coffee”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great little coffee bar located in downtown Petersburg. From the friendly staff to the excellent coffee, ( good enough to give Starbucks a run for its money). I love coming here for Breakfast on Sun a.m.'s. I have had the Full Monty, excellent bagel, and scrambled eggs and bacon, I thoroly enjoyed both. I am ready to try the lunch, I have heard that it is great also. It would be hard to find anything thatbtasted bad here, in my opinion.

• Visited September 2012