“Just the neatest place around!”
Review of Hiram Haines Coffee & Ale House - CLOSED

Hiram Haines Coffee & Ale House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Good for: Special occasions
Clarksville
“Just the neatest place around!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a wonderful place for a nice bite to eat! The sandwiches are great, the atmosphere is cozy, and the staff is always wonderful! The history of the actual building only adds to the experience!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nicole m

Richmond, Virginia
“Best chicken salad”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were getting our hair done at the nearby LeRouge Hair Lounge and asked our stylist where we could get a quick bite to eat. Without hesitation she said Hiram Haines and suggested the chicken salad. We took her advice and did not regret it. The chicken salad was absolutely delicious as was the dessert. Yum!

• Visited August 2013
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Amazing little coffee shop!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thank you to the staff at Hiram Haines! The food was delicious and the teas and coffees were amazing! Fast and friendly service and a quiet little place to settle in with a good book or meet up with friends! Loved the Poe atmosphere!

Visited August 2013
North, VA
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After riding around the battlefield on our bikes we were looking for coffee, both hot and cold.
We were pleasantly surprised at the fabulous coffee shop - such a visual delight and the cold coffee was great, and my husband's french press coffee was excellent. Be sure to look up when you go into the back room.
Wish I lived nearby, I'd try chicken salad which the other reviewers said was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Petersburg, Virginia
“Book and a Meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I enjoy this little spot in Petersburg. When I first went, it was more of a bookstore with dessert and coffee. Now, it's a small restaraunt with a few books. However, I always end up with some of the best dessert and a book. The books are very reasonably priced and so is the food. I've never had a full meal, but I enjoyed eating the Belgian Mousse Pie this time around. It was one of the best pies I'd ever eaten. My boyfriend also enjoyed the Hazelnut coffee. This is a great weekend hangout for those that don't like the party scene as well as a good night cap before heading in on a weeknight. The atmosphere is mostly for intellectual adults. If you're an Edgar Allen Poe fan, this your place.

• Visited April 2013