Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Petersburg, Virginia
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I frequently travel for business and prefer the Holiday Inn Express brand. There hotels are up to date and offer many conveniences. Reservations are easy and rarely a issue. Key for me is that the rooms are ALWAYS clean and comfortable. In addition their rewards program is second to none. Specific to this Holiday Inn Express, it is convenient, staff is very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEDINWIDDIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are always glad to here that we have met and exceeded our guest expectations. Whatever we can do to assist you in future stays please don't hesitate to call.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Arrived to hotel for a family function for the weekend. To my husband and my delight we are greeted by the most attractive young lady. We were taken with her professionalism, appearance, and skill. The next morning we had the opportunity to see her in action with a very irate guest. Her level up expertise in handling situation was mind boggling. The guest would not listen to a word she had to say and still she held composure and managed to have the gentleman leave with a smile. We observed her the whole weekend and everyday she came in to work appearance flawless, staff interaction superb , we later found out her name was Tina and was the hotel Assistant General Manager. We found it funny when she yelled Maguyver also we learned this was the hotel General Manager. The 2 make a great team! The hotel and staff are wonderful , these 2 are a vital contribution I hope the ownership realizes this. We plan on returning in the Spring.

Room Tip: Kings are very nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEDINWIDDIE, Asst. General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Mrs. Mason, we thank you for your kind words. Its always good to hear positive feedback on what we strive in everyday to project to our customers. It's even more rewarding for me to be able to be the recipient of such kind words.

We will be awaiting your Spring arrival !

The Staff Here At The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites / Dinwiddie
Florissant
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently had the bad luck of staying in this hotel. My nephew was getting married, my mother and I flew in from St.Louis to be there for him. He was also staying there for his wedding night and asked for an early check in since his ceremony would be taking place during check in time. Even thought that room was not in use the night before they wouldn't allow him to check in early. He had to pay for an extra night in prefer to ensure he would have a room. He dropped everything of at the hotel and when he came back to set up the room the next day and get dressed, the cleaning people had thrown EVERYTHING away. The hotel owner would not compensate him or help with replacing anything. What three owner did do is yell and scream at my nephew and was very ignorant to me. This all happened 2 hours before his wedding. I, who have never even been in the state before, had to drive in a strange city and replace everything that was important to him. To top it off the girl at the front desk gave me the wrong directions to the ceremony, I MISSED THE CEREMONY! I also missed family photos. Then i was taking to another employee who informed me I was given the wrong directions on purpose because it would be funny. Needless to say thanks to the owner and his ignorant staff, I spent $2000 for nothing. When i asked for the number for holiday inn corporate office i was told there want one. Really?

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear danniwrk,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent. Please accept my sincerest apology for the overall issues you had during your stay. We'd like to obtain some additional details so we have sent you a private message. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Trussville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I were travelling with his brother and wife through the northeastern states and New Brunswick for over two weeks. The last night of our trip was spent at this Holiday Inn and Suites in Petersburg/Dinwiddie, VA. We were exhausted and just wanted to find a clean, comfortable room to end our vacation. We tried several properties in the area and could find no vacancies. When I contacted the Holiday Inn in Dinwiddie and was told that there were two king non-smoking rooms available, I immediately asked them to hold them until we arrived (less than 5 minutes away). When we arrived, I told the front desk that I had called from the road and they were holding two king non-smoking rooms for me. She checked and confirmed that there were two rooms available and began the check-in process. The rooms were located on the third floor but were on opposite ends of the floor. My sister-in-law and I took some of our luggage up and as soon as I entered the room and smelled the reek of smoke, I knew I was NOT in an non-smoking room. I immediately called the front desk and while I was on the phone with the clerk, my sister-in-law came in my room and said that she had also been given a smoking room. The clerk said she would check to see in there were any non-smoking rooms available, but after checking told me that none were available. We were very upset as it was late and we were in an area that was many miles from any other lodging. We made the decision to stay there only because we were so exhausted and could not drive any further. I feel that the clerk knew when we checked in that there were NO non-smoking rooms available but was just trying to fill the hotel. All four of us ended up with headaches and stuffy noses from the strong smoke smell in the rooms. There was no manager on site at the hotel, but I was given a card to contact and plan on following up with her. If the room had not been smoky, I could have rated it a 5 as it appeared to be clean (except for the nicotine buildup on the bathroom walls that dripped off in the condensation), the bed was comfortable and the hotel appeared to be fairly new. The breakfast offered was very good with lots of choices of hot and cold items. But because of the deceptiveness of the hotel clerk, I would not rate it any higher.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in the Petersburg area, I highly recommend advance reservations. Nearby Ft. L...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lzee11
Chester, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We were heading south and stopped without research....bad decision.....the room was small and the airconditioning couldnt match the heat and humidity. The sheets were really low budget and were rough. I wouldnt stay at this chain again

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear 243DebR,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. I would like to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the quality and services that we offer to our guests.

Thank you for your comments and I hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is OK - Nothing extraordinary. The location is not the most fantastic, but it was close to one of my main reasons to go to Petersburg: The Pamplin Historical Park.So I had an OK visit here. The free breakfast is OK. My room was nice and clean.

But after I returned home, the problems began: I prepaid my planned one night stay, but changed it a few days before my arrival to a two night visit. When I left the hotel, I paid for the second night. After my return home, my credit card had been charged for three nights (one prepaid, one charged when I changed the reservation and one paid when I left the hotel). First I had to convince Tina (The manager) that they had charged me wrongly. After I succeded in doing that (required several mails and phone calls) she still failed to transfer the money. After a second round of e-mails - several of her reponses rather impolite - I finally got my money back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank GeoTrunk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear GeoTrunk,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you found your room nice and clean. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the billing concerns. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I travel for business all the time and have never submitted a review before, but this hotel management is so terrible, I have to say something.

First, they told me the government rate was $95 in their area, and unfortunately I believed them (it's actually $77), and of course wouldn't change it. So I have to eat the $18 difference.

Then when I asked for a receipt to voucher it, they couldn't print one because Tina's staff didn't know how to put my actual name on it, as opposed to the name they somehow put on my reservation. When Tina finally emailed me the receipt (36 hours later (after 2 phone calls and an email), she still misspelled my name. After calling again, Tina told me "I'll get to it when I can." So right now, I am almost 48 hours into this debacle and still can't fill out a voucher.

Tina is the manager I have dealt with this entire time and she is completely incompetent. Additionally her staff doesn't know how to do anything without asking her, so the entire place is a mess. If you are government, do not stay at this hotel: It should be blacklisted. Everyone else, watch yourself when you deal with them. They are shady and by far the worst staff/management I have ever seen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JosephSnow
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear JosephSnow,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received. I will follow up with the staff to ensure incidents like this can be avoided in the future.

Pam G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie? Share your experiences!