“Clean, Quiet, Affordable Accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Miami, Florida
“Clean, Quiet, Affordable Accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Econo Lodge Petersburg offers ample parking for a rental truck-auto trailer rig and clean rooms located well away from traffic noise at budget-conscious rates. An added bonus is the location five-minutes from a selection of five excellent downtown restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank D N
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear D.N.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay
at our EconoLodge.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had the pleasure to visit the town of Petersburg Va. in April for a business meeting where i stayed at the Econo lodge. The Manager and staff was so nice and courteous, the manager was big help to me in helping me find my way around town.I was so pleased with the service that i recommended that a couple of people stay there when we return in July.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Steve D,
Thank you for lodging with EconoLodge and taking the time to write your review. It is always a pleasure to recieve encouraging responses. Again Thank You

Riverdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was in Fort Lee visiting my son who is in the Navy. I called and made my reservations over the phone. I received good customer service. I asked about the negative reviews. The clerk was waiting on me to arrive. It took me less than two minutes to check in. I was pleased with the answers. I only needed to sleep and bathe. Microwave and Fridge worked. My room was clean, tv worked well, beds were comfortable and clean. Iron worked. Breakfast was good and fresh. We played baseball with a (tennis ball) and volleyball in the open field. Staff was nice. Staff was cleaning all the time on property. Void the negative reviews. Great for the price. Pool was not open yet. (too cool)

Room Tip: Bring item for activities.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coby C
Dear Coby C.
We thank you for your response. I do remember your call and we are glad
we provided excellent service. Again thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It doesn't quite deserve 3 stars, but I'd give it more than 2. Here's why: it was adequate for my needs. I just needed a place to rest my head for one night on my way back home. The bed was clean, and the room reasonably clean. There was some dust on the legs of the bed. The mattress was decent. The bathroom was clean, except for the tub. It was visibly dirty. Now as I said, I was only there for one night to break up a long drive home. I decided to skip the tub and wait until I got home. The front desk guy was very helpful. I'm sure if I had asked I could've gotten a different room, but I was bone tired. When I told the day front desk person, she was profusely apologetic. Bottom line: If you just need a place to drop for one night out of exhaustion, this'll do. Otherwise, move on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Devnation
We thank you for your review. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding housekeeping, in your bathroom on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We encourage you to lodge with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was clean. There is a $10 pet fee not listed anywhere but it was still cheaper than other hotels in the area. There is nowhere to easily park a large truck (moving van for example) so leaving was fun. While not needed, I could not find a handicap ramp or parking near the handicap accessible rooms but it was late so i may have overlooked them.

• Stayed September 2012
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review we strive to accomodate all of our guest. We are working on more parking for big trucks. Again Thank you
Wayne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is old and in need of some serious upgrades. My washcloth was more holes than cloth for example, and the shower head was mounted at 5'. The bathroom insert for the tub was peeled down several layers around the drain and the ceiling in the shower was yellowed with leak stains and the repairs that were made to the ceiling were shoddy. The shower curtain itself was atrocious, stained and who knows how old. There were other peoples hair in the "clean" sheets on our bed and another large hole in the sheets. There was a very poor breakfast selection and the ceiling in the eating area wasn't intact. Surprised the franchise would give approval to do business with their name....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Wayne
We are most sorry for your unpleasant stay. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
As we continue to update the property we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Petersburg.
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Well... We arrived this past Friday night at midnight... after a long day of traveling. The room was disgusting. the sheets and pillows had yellow stains on them, the floor had not been vacuumed. the bathroom floor creaked when you walked on it.... and if that scared you... you couldn't leave quickly because your shoes stuck to the floor. The shower had a piece from a plastic deodorant stick in the drain and wasn't clean. The smell was musty. I tried to stay there, told my kids to leave their clothes on and not to take off their shoes.... But the "angry rapper" outside of my door who was sitting in his old beat up Cadillac, drinking boos from his red solo cup, while not wearing his shirt was not a comforting feeling. I served in the military and have slept in Jungles and deserts, in the rain and in mud and feel as though I can sleep just about anywhere... but not here... we packed our stuff and at quarter to one in the morning we left (after getting a refund!) The man at the desk was super nice... I have to say that because he really was... he promptly refunded our money. Soooo.... if you decide to stay here the following should be in your packing list: Lysol, febreeze (2-3 cans), Tetanus shot, bring your own sheets, pillows and towels, bring some form of self defense, pepper spray, if you are licensed to carry a firearm... that might be comforting, the good news is that if you do drugs... you can probably leave them behind because I'm sure someone on sight will be willing to sell you some or share theirs... these folks wont be hard to find... just open your door.... hope this helped....

Room Tip: the best room in this hotel.... is a room in some other hotel... if you have to stay here.... sleep...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Charles J
Dear Charles
We would like to aologize to you and your family on your stay. Your issues were addressed with housekeeping regarding the cleanliness of your room. Our guest safety is always our concern and priority. Thank you for your feedback.