“was ok, but would not go back because of neighborhood”

Knights Inn Petersburg
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed July 6, 2009

front desk took an incredibly long time too check us in. no one in front of us. they rushed us out of the room to clean it even though we were the only car in the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank katerph

Reviewed March 13, 2009

The staff were super friendly and very accommdating to my needs.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2009

The best description I can say is that my stay went without any hiccups whatsoever. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. I will in all likelihood stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2009

very reason rate, very clean, the employees were very friendly and helpful. I will go back next time when I go see my friends and families.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We stayed for a week. The place was clean and friendly. Wireless iternet was working at all times. Close to all travel site seeing locations in the Richmond/ Petersburg/ Williamsburg area. Handicapp accessible on the first floor. Overall very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I had booked hotel over the phone the same day. When I got to the hotel we were afraid to get out of the car. Gangs of teenagers were selling drugs on the corner; police were cruising by slow but pretty sure they were only worried about murders. We went in and the kid working the front desk said there was NO record of my reservation and or name. He booked another one just in case I couldnt find somewhere else to stay. He acknowledged that it was not safe. Five minutes later I found another hotel and he canceled my reservation and assured me I would not be charged. I had 2 teenage girls with me who were very frightened and a black sportscar which would not have made it through the night. The hotel was disgusting(from the lobby). Picture on website is not the hotel. Prostitutes on the corner. When we left to go down the road to new hotel..kids were yelling obscenities at us. I am from Baltimore so not exaggerating how bad it was :) Now OF COURSE I am being charged for the room because they miraculously found a reservation. Mr Patel is owner and manager and thief. Disputing with my credit card co but very difficult since he basically with no signature says I didnt cancel. I couldnt cancel since he said they couldnt /didnt have any reservation. I should have called the police right there. I will drive down to Va to file suit/have the feeling this is common practice at this dump. Basically running prostitution/drug ring out of hotel. When I got to the hilton i ended up staying in the girls at the front desk said :OH HELL NO" when I told them where we had been! Lucky to get out of there.

Stayed: July 2007
9  Thank jumponin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
#8 of 19 in Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Knights Inn Petersburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Petersburg

Address: 555 E Wythe St, Petersburg, VA 23803-4407 (Formerly Super 8 Petersburg/Hopewell Area)
Location: United States > Virginia > Petersburg
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Price Range: $43 - $58 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Petersburg 2*
Located just off Interstate 95, this Petersburg, Virginia hotel is just 3 miles from Petersburg National Battlefield. It boasts free Wi-Fi access and a daily continental breakfast. Each guest room at the Super 8 Petersburg features cable TV, a microwave, and a refrigerator. They are decorated in light colors, wood furnishings, and carpeted floors. The rooms have coffee-making facilities and a private bathroom. Copy and fax services are available at the on-site business center. Guests can use the laundry facilities and 24-hour front desk services at the Petersburg Super 8. Virginia State University is a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The Fort Lee Golf Course is 5 miles away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Knights Inn Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Petersburg